Wordcraft Community Home Page
"Typo of the Day" site

This topic can be found at:
http://wordcraft.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1576025271/m/4831004134

February 01, 2007, 11:05
Dianthus
"Typo of the Day" site
I thought this link might be of interest Smile. As someone on one of the other forums I belong to remarked "there's a site for everything these days"!
February 01, 2007, 13:08
saranita
Di, Thanks for the site! Since I type edits and proofread for my bread & butter, this site is a good one for me to check out occasionally.

I caught a classic typo just this morning in a document about a particular "pubic library."

Eek
February 01, 2007, 19:40
Kalleh
Oh, that is hilarious, Saranita. Big Grin We just revised our Web site at work and disseminated widely a postcard to let people know; it said to take a "Sneak Peak." In a letter that went out to a high official in the Philippines someone mistakenly said something like, "...weather you wish to take advantage of this opportunity or not..." These can be so funny and of course spellcheck won't pick up many mistakes.
February 02, 2007, 01:13
Richard English
Although I consider myself very literate and a careful writer, I have all my work externally proofed 3 times. It is rare for the proofreader to find no mistakes at all.

Money well spent or badly saved.

Richard English
February 02, 2007, 01:15
Richard English
By an amazing coincidence I have just this minute received this news item - check out the headline! http://www.travelmole.com/stories/1115564.php?mpnlog=1

Richard English
February 02, 2007, 19:59
Kalleh
Funny!

It amazes me how you can write, rewrite, edit, review, etc., and still miss a blatant error. Just this week I constructed a survey to be sent out to our members. I went over it so many times, as did my assistant, and then we realized the introductory explanation said, "We are requesting informaton on your minimum faculty." We had meant "minimum faculty qualifications. Sheesh! Fortunately we caught it, and we also had someone else review it before we sent it out.
February 03, 2007, 03:27
BobHale
It's doubly amazing with emails and message boards, that you can compose your words with care. Read them three times checking for grammatical errors and spelling errors, consider for half an hour whether the sense of them is exactly what you intended and then - IN THE SPLIT SECOND AFTER YOU HIT SEND BUT BEFORE THE SCREEN REFRESHES - notice the glaring error.

"No man but a blockhead ever wrote except for money." Samuel Johnson.

My current blog.
Photographs to accompany Anyone Can DO It available from www.lulu.com
My photoblog The World Through A lens
February 03, 2007, 05:03
Richard English
There must be a law that states that every posting that criticises another's spelling or grammar, will itself contain a misspelling or a grammatical error.

Richard English