Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Word4Word Login/Join

posted
I know that I'm only supposed to post one link per thread, but these two are related, so can I cheat a bit - please Smile?

My good old friend BBC Radio Four is currently broadcasting a series in conjunction with the Open University entitled Word4Word. It's about the differences between the various regional accents in Britain - from the Shetlands to the Channel Islands and from the West of Ireland to the East of England.

The BBC solicited contributions of dialect words from listeners all over Britain and went out on the road to talk to people of all ages, classes and regions.

If you have Broadband, you can click on "Listen to the Latest Edition" to hear today's programme (number 2 of a four part series).

There's a free booklet to accompany the series which you can order from The Open University.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dianthus:
I know that I'm only supposed to post one link per thread, but . . .

Really? I post multiple links all the time.

Tinman

Posts: 2770 | Location: Shoreline, WA, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tinman:
quote:
Originally posted by Dianthus:
I know that I'm only supposed to post one link per thread, but . . .

Really? I post multiple links all the time.

Tinman

So do I, you should see my posts in How What Why, the other Forums I belong to (I'm Sunflowers in there) Smile!

I saw:

"Links for Linguaphiles
A place for all of us to provide links of interest (one to a thread) and to rate them by rating the thread." (emphasis mine)

and I wasn't sure whether that was a hard and fast rule or whether it could be bent slightly.