Wordcraft Community Home Page
fun -- and challenging -- games

This topic can be found at:
https://wordcraft.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1881077124/m/4781089055

July 24, 2008, 06:08
anthonyS432
fun -- and challenging -- games
Hi everyone,

So, I'm looking for a collection of online word games that are not too terrible easy. I've been having some fun (and angst) with a new jumble game that is available at vocabularycoach.com, but it would be great if somebody could compile a list of suggest other such similar websites or resources. Unfortunately, I think that such websites are a detriment to my productivity at work Smile
July 24, 2008, 11:07
arnie
A very good vocabulary game it that at Free Rice. There is also that satisfaction of donating grains of rice to the world's poor.

Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.
July 24, 2008, 12:23
<Proofreader>
How do I collect the rice I won?
July 24, 2008, 13:19
anthonyS432
quote:
Originally posted by arnie:
A very good vocabulary game it that at Free Rice. There is also that satisfaction of donating grains of rice to the world's poor.

thanks for the suggestion, arnie, but what i'm looking for are games that are not merely definition games (which the rice game unfortunately is ... and yes, how do i collect my rice Smile ... i'm hungry, hehe); so, for example, the jumble game at jumble is concerned with vocabulary AS well as with de-scrambling words, so it's a "step above" the usual vocabulary game

ideally, i'd like to find vocabulary games that incorporate visual "puzzle" features -- hmm, i'm being vague, but you know what i mean