Wordcraft Home Page    Wordcraft Community Home Page    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Word Games    Song Name Game
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Song Name Game Login/Join

posted
I heard there was a game similar, but I don't see it. So here goes. The first poster (me), will post the title and a link to a song. The next person has to use a word from my song in the title of the song he/she chooses. It continues that way.

The Air that I Breathe ~The Hollies
[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSpcMnBQunw[/video]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSpcMnBQunw

This message has been edited. Last edited by: sattva,

posted Hide Post
I have tried several ways, but can't figure out had to embed the video in the post. I have done it before on other sites, but this one doesn't seem to want to perform in the same way. Hmmm.

posted Hide Post
Your link worked for me.

The original game (though some objected to calling it a game) was called Lyrically linked and was started by Amanda in July 2002 and lasted until November. It was revived as Link the Lyrics (again) by Morgan in March 2003 and lasted through November 2013. The rules were not consistently followed. Here are my comments, for what they're worth.

Amanda and Morgan were the same person. Her real name was Kim, and I believe she also posted as Sarah. She was one of the founders of Wordcraft and, when she died of cancer at age 44, the site was dedicated to her. You can see her picture on the Wordcraft Community Home Page.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: tinman,

Posts: 2878 | Location: Shoreline, WA, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The link worked for me, but my ears are so poor that I can't make out any of the lyrics. I suppose that's why I prefer instrumental music, or old-fashioned songs in which the singer clearly enunciates. Sorry. Frown

Posts: 6168 | Location: Muncie, IndianaReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
Yes, we played that game, calling it Link the Lyrics. We posted the words, but not the actual song.

Posts: 24735 | Location: Chicago, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This was a little different. We posted the title of the song with the you tube video that you could watch right in the post/thread. You didn't need to know the lyrics. You just took a word from the song title to find another song with that word in it. For instance, "Here Comes The Sun" by the Beatles might garner as the next response "HERE, There, and Everywhere" (Also by the Beatles) or "Along COMES Mary" by the Association. Does the game sound interesting to anyone?