Wordcraft Community Home Page
The place has a certain ring...

This topic can be found at:
https://wordcraft.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1881077124/m/7771043335

April 13, 2008, 17:44
Bob Dvorak
The place has a certain ring...
From Saugerties, New York to Hagerstown, Maryland this weekend, my wife and I passed a sign on the Interstate highway indicating this was the Exit for "Anneville". I suggested to her that, of course, they had a community choir there called... and she answered, "The Anneville Chorus".
This recalls to mind my first trip driving to my sister's home outside Pittsburgh oh, so many years ago. Going through the village of Tyrone (Pennsylvania would appear to be rich in such lead-ins) I observed that the local Electric Company was most assuredly called "Tyrone Power".
There must be more of these -- but you have to start with a place that really exists. For instance, an argument in New Zealand might be a Wellington Beef...
June 21, 2008, 17:08
jerry thomas
In the center, more or less, of the State of Washington, there is a place with an alledged population of zero, and the following ZIP Code --- 98824.

AND ..... Paying respect to a famous athlete, the city of Joplin, Missouri named one of its thoroughfares after Gabby Street.
And one of Joplin's streets somehow got named and renamed so that you can now go to the intersection of Gabby Street Boulevard and Maiden Lane Avenue.

FWIW

This message has been edited. Last edited by: jerry thomas,