Wordcraft Home Page    Wordcraft Community Home Page    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Word Games    New, simple word game
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New, simple word game Login/Join

posted
I'd like to shamelessly plug my vocabulary based word game with the rather unimaginative name of "Cool Word Game."

The game is built on taking a random pair of mostly adjectives and coming up with a short noun or idea that as accurately as possible encompasses both word meanings.

The game is really fun... for some. To play, It helps to have a good imagination and quick wit. I have only a few friends that actually like it. The ones that do seem to like words.

here's the address: http://www.coolwordgame.com

Anyway, I'd love your opinions. Keep in mind, more functionality is on its way.

BTW, The site is totally non commercial.

Thanks

posted Hide Post
I'm willing to give your game a try, but...

Maybe among the "additional functionalities" you're working on you might provide a place to enter a response? I don't see one on your site - what am I overlooking?

Posts: 6267 | Location: Worcester, MA, USReply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I created CWG to be a socially interactive game.

There's no place to enter a response. The dictionary database generates the two-word queries randomly, meaning there are literally millions of combinations, so saving the response isn't how the game is to be played.

Currently, the response is to be called out to the room. The game can be played silently in solitude, but I've found it to be more fun with a room full of willing participants.

I've also created a smaller version that works with web enabled cell phones. This is more conducive to spontaneous play.

In the future I plan to have a multi-player online version, but for now, it's just the same-old, lame-old playing with people you actually know.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: PaulTheTerrible,

Picture of jerry thomas
posted Hide Post
Looks like Solitaire's the only game in town, Paul.

Posts: 6708 | Location: Kehena Beach, Hawaii, U.S.A.Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<willy345>
posted
Wow.
Intense. Very well done. Very expressive.
Nothing is ever as "simple" as it seems.
=0)

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BobHale
posted Hide Post
Roll Eyes

"No man but a blockhead ever wrote except for money." Samuel Johnson.

Posts: 9421 | Location: EnglandReply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The original simple word game is at
www.simplewordgame.com

Challenge your vocabulary knowledge

Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
Welcome to Wordcraft!

Posts: 24735 | Location: Chicago, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post