Wordcraft Home Page    Wordcraft Community Home Page    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Community    Choral Mania!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Choral Mania! Login/Join

Picture of bethree5
posted
I often have to bow out of wordcraft activity in winter, due to the overlap of my 3 choral groups.

So here's what it's all about!

Choral Arts of NJ put on 2 Jan concerts: program: Lauridson's Lux Aeterna, & premiere of our director Marty Sedek's work "AGreat Light', a commissioned work setting Pope Francis' Sept 2015 MadSq Gdn speech to music. We performed it twice -- i.e., in addn to our usual winterconcert at Presby Church of Westfield, a 2nd concert so as to take advantage of St Mary's of So Amboy's amazing 19thC barrel organ.

Just performed today (4/2) "Bach-2-Bach", Oratorio Singers of Westfield: 2 Bach motets (Sei lob, & Lobet den Herrn), plus Cantata No 78, plus PDQ Bach (a/k/a Peter Schikele)'s Bach spoof "Oedipus Tex", w/NYC-metro soloists & Nj Symphony chamber orch, & our Peabody/Juilliard director.

On May 13, Choral Arts Socity of NJ will perform Mozart vespers& Mozart Requiem w/full orchestra

Coming up soon, 4 May shows at asstd-livgs & nursing-homes by totally-amateur "Chansonnettes of Westfield", featuring songs popular among the over-75yo crowd...

Posts: 2049 | Location: As they say at 101.5FM: Not New York... Not Philadelphia... PROUD TO BE NEW JERSEY!Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
Wow, we have a performer on Wordcraft! How fun, Bethree. We hope you can stop by from time to time.

BTW, where has Bob Hale been?

Posts: 23290 | Location: Chicago, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BobHale
posted Hide Post

Posts: 7861 | Location: EnglandReply With QuoteReport This Post