Wordcraft Home Page    Wordcraft Community Home Page    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Community    New Chat Times!
Page 1 ... 13 14 15 16
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Chat Times! Login/Join

Picture of BobHale
posted Hide Post
And on another matter entirely...

I used to love the chats but now that I live in China they are in the middle of the night for me. Sorry but at my age I do need some sleep.

Posts: 7861 | Location: EnglandReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
We could change the time. I always struggle to make it by noon, Central time. Any thoughts on that? I'd love to have Bob on chats with us.

Posts: 23290 | Location: Chicago, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Getting Bob back would liven it up a whole lot! What's good for you, Bob? Maybe even a different day?

I may be missing today, since SWMBO has work for me to do around the house.

Posts: 4432 | Location: In a cornfield in central IndianaReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BobHale
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Geoff:
Getting Bob back would liven it up a whole lot! What's good for you, Bob? Maybe even a different day?

I may be missing today, since SWMBO has work for me to do around the house.

About 3 a.m. Saturday Chicago time

posted Hide Post
Well rats, I have to get up and work a 12-hour day three hours from then, so no good for me.

Posts: 4432 | Location: In a cornfield in central IndianaReply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Got done early; I'm in the cat room

posted Hide Post
As if it matters, I'll not be around for a chat today. Going out to lunch with some other people.

Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
"As if it matters"? Of course it does!

Let's get back to the chats. My fault, I know.

posted Hide Post
I've been wondering where you've been, Kaleh.

posted Hide Post
I have popped in at odd times when I saw someone was online, but no one is ever there. I guess everyone does know that you can have two windows open at the same time, reading posts while being in chat. If I minimize the chat window, it will also beep should anyone enter while I am busy posting or reading. I only do this now on Saturdays though, because I have never seen anyone in the chat room at non-official chat times.

"Wishing in gladness and in safety, may all beings be at ease." ~from the Metta Sutta

posted Hide Post
I was there today, as was Sattva. Kalleh, did you have a hangover from all the partying? Big Grin

Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
Nah - in Dallas at a conference. I was presenting at that time. So sorry! I'll be out of town for the next 2 Saturdays, too.

posted Hide Post
You think Trumpolini will make the planes run on time? Roll Eyes

Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
I think he will make plenty of trouble if he loses tomorrow. He does not like to lose!

posted Hide Post
Once again nobody in the chat room.

posted Hide Post
Sorry Geoff!

"Wishing in gladness and in safety, may all beings be at ease." ~from the Metta Sutta

posted Hide Post
Per your PM, you had a very valid reason!

posted Hide Post
I checked in on the chat room twice today, to no avail. I shall assume it's not being used from now on.

posted Hide Post
I had an early Thanksgiving dinner in our apartment building's community room at the time we usually chat in the chat room. With holidays approaching, I am sure that people's schedules might be a little hectic. Sorry Geoff, to have missed you.

Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
I will try to be there tomorrow - finally! Noon, Central time.

Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
Not sure where people are chatting these days. I am both on Gmail chat and here on WC.

Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
Okay - no one showed up. Maybe next week?

posted Hide Post
I actually totally forgot about it and was out on a quick trip to the store. When I returned home, I started back working on a variation of the "Twelve Days of Christmas" called (drum roll) the "Twelve Days of Dialysis" for our dialysis newsletter's December issue. Like most things I do, it is not all that great, but should provide a few smiles.

Picture of BobHale
posted Hide Post
And I, of course, would have been tucked up in bed. Smile

Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
We could change our times, Bob. What would work for you?

Picture of BobHale
posted Hide Post
Nothing that wouldn't involve at least one of us being up in the wee small hours.

Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
Well, right now my time it is 10:15 pm, and according to Google it is about 12:15 pm your time (Beijing time?), only a day later. If planned, that should work for both of us on a Saturday.

Picture of BobHale
posted Hide Post
Could probably do that, though how many others would want to is questionable. (And yes Beijing time is right - China doesn't have time zones)

posted Hide Post
if you are talking about Saturday night for you, Kalleh, it would be Sunday for Bob, right? I am always up late, often in the middle of the night, so the only problem I would have is remembering Big Grin

Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
Well, that sounds good. We could try, and if it doesn't work so be it. This Saturday, 10 pm Central time, which is 12:00 pm, Beijing time?

Picture of BobHale
posted Hide Post
12 on Sunday, yes.

Incidentally I am always puzzled by PM after the number 12. It can't, surely be PM or AM if we mean noon because it's neither after nor before, and if we mean midnight it must surely be both.

Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
I've always thought 12 pm is noon and 12 am is midnight. What about the rest of you?

I'll log in Saturday at 10:00 pm then. Geoff, Sattva, are you in? Should we go to gmail or stay here on WC?

Picture of BobHale
posted Hide Post
That's the conventional way... but why?

posted Hide Post
I can do WC. It will be 11 pm for me.

Picture of BobHale
posted Hide Post
I should be around tomorrow so I'll pop in and have a go. Next week though I'll be away in Baiyin on Christmas Day and imagine that the rest of you will be busy on Christmas Eve.

Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
Tomorrow it is. Hanukkah starts on Christmas Eve this year, which is rare.

Picture of BobHale
posted Hide Post
Where do you chat now? The chatroom here still doesn't work for me

Picture of BobHale
posted Hide Post
Oops I missed it. But I couldn't chat here anyway as I can't get it working.

Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
We'll try it when you get back, Bob. Let's do Gmail then. Geoff, it's really the same as before; you just click the people with the little green dots. Sattva, have you chatted on Gmail? If not, I'll tell you how to get started in a PM.

I missed Saturday night, too, I am sorry to say. Our wireless was not working - we were having a snowstorm.

Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
This Saturday is New Year's Eve, and last Saturday was Christmas Eve. How about the Saturday after this one?

posted Hide Post
I am in chat right now. Anyone available for a chat?

Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
Shoot, I missed it!