Wordcraft Home Page    Wordcraft Community Home Page    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Community    New Chat Times!
Page 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 16
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Chat Times! Login/Join

Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
Tomorrow (Saturday) will be the chat at 12:00 noon, Central time, which is 17:00, GMT. Our daylight savings time changes on November 3rd. When does it change in England?

The chat will be on gmail to accommodate those who can't access the WC chat.

Posts: 23277 | Location: Chicago, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of arnie
posted Hide Post
Ours changes on Sunday 27 October.

Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Posts: 10925 | Location: LondonReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
Ah...we'll only have one week of chaos then. Wink

We had a nice chat today with arnie, zmj, Geoff and me. We even talked a little about words and language!

Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
Sorry - I missed the chat. Next week?

Picture of arnie
posted Hide Post
Zmj and I had a chat but we started about half an hour late. Geoff apparently turned up just before us but we didn't spot him online unfortunately.

Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
I hope to see some of you on the chat tomorrow (Saturday) at 12:00 Central time, which is 17:00 GMT.

Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
We had 5 on the chat today - including Cat. It was good to have her join us. Now I just wish she'd post a little.

Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
I hope to see you on the chat tomorrow at 12 noon, Central time. Is that 18:00 GMT now, arnie?

Picture of arnie
posted Hide Post
No. Your clocks haven't changed yet. It's still 17.00 GMT, but since over here our clocks have gone back it's an hour earlier for us.

Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
Finally, ours have changed.

We had a delightful chat with arnie, Geoff and me.

Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
Tomorrow's the chat at 12:00 noon, Central time, which is 18:00, GMT (right?). I am in Denver now, on my way to Reno, so I am not sure if I'll be able to chat tomorrow or not (I'll be at a conference). If I don't make it, have fun! It'll be on gmail, as usual.

Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
I missed the chat, but I heard it was good - and that you actually talked about words! Wonderful!

Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
I heard y'all had a great chat without me - and even talked about words. So glad to hear it! Arnie, I heard you and ruled, arnie, when it came to Egyptian language history.

Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
The chat is tomorrow, November 16th, at 12:00 noon, Central time. I hope to see you there, though I'll probably be a few minutes late because of my class.

posted Hide Post
Nobody's there.

It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. -J. Krishnamurti

Posts: 4430 | Location: In a cornfield in central IndianaReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
As I mentioned in an email to you Geoff, I was unable to join today. I am sorry - something came up. I will be in New Orleans next Saturday, but I am hoping some of you will be able to join.

Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
Tomorrow is our regular chat starting at 12:00 noon, CST, which is 18:00, GMT. I'm in New Orleans at a meeting and won't be there, but have fun!

Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
Any chatters today?

Picture of arnie
posted Hide Post
Geoff and I had a short chat, but Geoff had to go to eat after a few minutes. When he got back I missed his return, so that was the end of that, unfortunately.

posted Hide Post
I came back within six minutes, but couldn't raise you, arnie. It's gremlins, I tell you, or fairies or something!

Now on a more serious note, I wonder if Calvin and Hobbes refers to John Calvin and Thomas Hobbes? And I wonder why Calvin had a running battle with his bicycle?

It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. -J. Krishnamurti

Posts: 4430 | Location: In a cornfield in central IndianaReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
I am sorry I missed it. Next week should be good. Finally my travel is over for awhile.

Picture of arnie
posted Hide Post
quote:
I wonder if Calvin and Hobbes refers to John Calvin and Thomas Hobbes?

I'm sure they do. Why, that is another matter ...

Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
Come Hell or high water, I'll be there tomorrow. I've missed the chats! The chat will start at 12:00 noon, Central time, which is 18:00, GMT on
Gmail. See you there!

Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
We had a surprise today on the chat - Bob joined us, even though it started at 2 am his time. Bob, arnie, z and I had a great time, though we missed you, Geoff.

Picture of BobHale
posted Hide Post
Because Bob had just got home from the bar.

Posts: 7854 | Location: EnglandReply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The gremlins must have struck again. I was on-line, but saw nobody else there. I gave up after a few minutes.

FOOEY!!!

Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
That's odd, Geoff. Usually I see your green dot, but I didn't this time. However, I was about 10 minutes late.

posted Hide Post
So, Bob, go to the bar a bit more often!

Sorry to have missed you - and the usual suspects as well.

Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
Tomorrow the chat will start (on Google Chat) at 12:00 noon, Central time or 18:00 GMT. Remember, I'll probably be a little late because of my class - 10 minutes maybe?

Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
We had a nice chat today with Geoff, z and arnie.

Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
Tomorrow is the chat at 12:00 noon, Central time, or 18:00, GMT. Hope to see you there! Remember, I may be 10 minutes late or so.

Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
It was a great chat today, with Geoff, Z and I - and arnie joined later.

Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
Tomorrow's the chat at 12:00 noon, Central time, or 18:00, GMT. See you then on Google Chat.

Picture of arnie
posted Hide Post
I am in Ireland visiting my sister and family over Christmas and the New Year, so won't be able to join in for the next couple of chats. Enjoy yourselves without me, and don't say too much about me!

Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
Well, it was just Geoff and me, but we had a good time!

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kalleh:
Well, it was just Geoff and me, but we had a good time!
Well, until Shufitz caught us. Wink

Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
Actually, Geoff, I said I had to leave in a few minutes, but the moment I said that, you left like greased lightning!

Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
Tomorrow, at 12:00 Central time, is our chat on gmail. Hope to see you there!

Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
Jim, Geoff and I were on at various times, though I was quite late. Sorry about that, guys.

Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
Sorry I missed the chat last week. I was at a conference in Las Vegas. However, I will be there this week - just remember I'll be a little late because of my class. The chat will be on gmail at 12:00 noon, Central time (18:00 GMT).

Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
I am there now, with no takers. I'll wait another minute or so and then assume that people are too busy today.

posted Hide Post
Good grief, I forgot!!!

Picture of arnie
posted Hide Post
Sorry, I had problems with my broadband. I just got access back.

Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
Ah, yes, I read about that on your Facebook, arnie. And I imagine z was busy with other things. Wink

posted Hide Post
I'll be busy with other things this Saturday. Gotta get my newly acquired snow blower running. Free is a very good price, although I have to buy about a hundred dollars' worth of repair parts.
With another storm on the way, I'd best git 'er done!

Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
My youngest is coming over to visit, so I may not be there either. The chat is scheduled for tomorrow at 12:00 noon (18:00 GMT), Central time, on gmail.

posted Hide Post
I got home in time to chatter. I suppose that will scare the rest of you off.

Picture of arnie
posted Hide Post
No-one appears available to chat in Google at the moment.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arnie:
No-one appears available to chat in Google at the moment.

I could swear we exchanged a few words before the satellite failed again, but maybe I'm hallucinating.

Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
Sorry - I couldn't make it yesterday.