Wordcraft Home Page    Wordcraft Community Home Page    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Community    I've been away...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I've been away... Login/Join

Picture of Kalleh
posted
I am sorry that I've been MIA for the last week and a half or so. My wonderful family surprised me for my birthday, with some flying in from Phoenix. Therefore, I've had a great non-planned vacation, showing them around Chicago. We've been to the Art Institute, the Museum of Science and Industry, the Chicago Botanic Gardens, local festivals, walking the Riverwalk and of course shopping. I've been busy 24/7. Will be back soon with bells on my toes!

Posts: 23298 | Location: Chicago, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That sounds wonderful Kalleh! When was your birthday? Happy belated!

I had plans to visit the Art Institute once on a long Amtrak layover. Unfortunately, the train was very late and I then didn't have the time to visit it. I did take a walk around the Amtrak station and felt terribly claustrophobic. I found that I don't like being surrounded by tall buildings. I did make it to or around Chicago several times. I even drove there!!! LOL That was a big deal for me coming from a small town. I went to a sesshin (Zen Buddhist retreat) in Evanston (I took the L from the Amtrak station, I think), and drove my son to a comic book convention in Chicago once. I wish I had visited Chicago more when I lived in Indiana.

"Wishing in gladness and in safety, may all beings be at ease." ~from the Metta Sutta

Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
I tend to like most cities - just ask my husband; as soon as I visit one, I want to move there! But I do love Chicago. There are some wonderful jewels that aren't well known about, like the Oriental Institute, as well as our world-class museums.

Thank you, Sattva!

Posts: 23298 | Location: Chicago, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post