Wordcraft Home Page    Wordcraft Community Home Page    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Community    misleading icons
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

misleading icons Login/Join

posted
I was wondering why sometimes the icons showing whether there are new posts since your last visit (the yellow folder) does not always correspond to the truth. There have been many times when it appears yellow on my screen, and yet there are no new posts since my last visit.

Posts: 266 | Location: GreeceReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of arnie
posted Hide Post
Often your browser will load the old page from cache (a copy saved to your hard disk). After arriving at the home page I usually hit the F5 key to refresh the page (using Internet Explorer or Opera). Ctrl+R will do the same with the advantage of also working in Netscape Navigator. Or you could click the Refresh or Reload button.

Personally, I don't take any notice of the icons anyway; I look at the time of the last post to that particular thread. You can set the time shown to your own time zone by clicking on the MyPop link, then on "Preferences".

Posts: 10930 | Location: LondonReply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks, arnie. smile

Posts: 266 | Location: GreeceReply With QuoteReport This Post