Wordcraft Home Page    Wordcraft Community Home Page    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Community    A Wordcraft Site!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A Wordcraft Site! Login/Join

Picture of wordcrafter
posted
We've now started a larger Wordcraft site, of which this board is a part. Cool

You'll find it at wordcraft.infopop.cc. It's under construction, still rough and incomplete in both content and appearance. But it's a flying start.

Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
Congratulations! It looks great! Big Grin Cool Smile Wink

Posts: 23311 | Location: Chicago, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post
<Asa Lovejoy>
posted
Looks good so far! Good going!

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wordcrafter
posted Hide Post
A request for your input:

The homepage will have links to several of the word-of-the-day themes. What are a few of the weekly themes that have been your favorites?

Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
Wordcrafter, our epicaricacy thread is our most erudite, in my opinion. We were the first published site to find (thanks to Ammon Shea!) the etymology of that word.

Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
How about recommendations from some of the rest of you? I can think of so many fun threads, but I hate to be the only one recommending!

Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
In replying to a post by WinterBranch, I referred to our "Wives" thread. That is definitely one of my favorites. You might want to include threads that have been highly rated with stars, though I have no idea who did the ratings.

By the way, the dictionary looks great! Big Grin

Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
For the first time, I have found us on Google! Now, I had to put in "wordcraft/infopop", which most people won't do. However, I expect there might be another way to find it, too. I just haven't figured it out yet.

posted Hide Post
Interesting.

"Wordcraft" by itself gets about 10,800 hits. I know only that we're not in the first thirty.

"Wordcraft Kalleh" gets exactly one hit.

So does "wordcraft haberdasher," for that matter.

"Wordcraft shufitz" hasn't been picked up yet.

I didn't check to see if the w-k hit is the same as the w-h one...

Edit: No, the reference is different, but clicking on it brings up he same page. Home page, it is, so I guess the stopping point is the registration/login page.

Posts: 5594 | Location: Worcester, MA, USReply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes. We are the fifty-second entry -- second entry on page 6 -- of Google search I just performed looking for "Wordcraft" unmodified.

Posts: 5594 | Location: Worcester, MA, USReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
Oh, Hab, somehow I missed this post of yours (What! I missed a post?!) That is sooo exciting. I am going to look up the Wordcraft Kalleh hit! Big Grin [Ha! Ha! Shufitz!]