Wordcraft Home Page    Wordcraft Community Home Page    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Community    Just curious
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Just curious Login/Join

Picture of BobHale
posted
Over in the US there seem to be a very large number of late night comedians (most of whom talk about nothing but Donald Trump.)

I sometimes watch bits on Youtube. I was curious as to which ones people over there prefer as they all seem to do variations on the same jokes So... here's the list of ones I've seen.

John Oliver
James Corden
Seth Meyers
Trevor Noah
Jimmy Fallon
Stephen Colbert
Jimmy Kimmel

somebody else that hasn't crossed my radar yet.

As I say, just curious.

Posts: 7861 | Location: EnglandReply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They're all on past my bed time.

Posts: 4432 | Location: In a cornfield in central IndianaReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Proofreader
posted Hide Post
John Oliver is on HBO (which I won't pay for) but I watch him ad some of the others on YouTube.
I watch Colbert regularly.

Give a man a fish and he can eat for one day; give a man a fishing pole and he will find an excuse to never work again.
Nollidj is power.

Posts: 5994 | Location: Rhode IslandReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bethree5
posted Hide Post
COMICS

My favorite remains Russell Peters, a 1st-gen Canadian-Indian. His cultural-accent imitatations are so accurate & funny! My kids turned me on to him 7 or 8 yrs ago.

Here he is on his parents' Indian accent, Desire to assimilate

On Canadian accents

Chinese & Indians culture-clash

Caribbean natives vs Indians

As to the list you posted: I do love John Oliver, but I thought him best as 'field reporter' for John Stewart (whom I miss terribly!). I don't think his show compares. Ditto Stephen Colbert-- also too strident.

James Corden is a hoot, thanks for making me aware of him.

Seth Meyers & Jimmy Fallon: saw enough of them on SNL, next?

Jimmy Kimmel is a tired shadow of late night shows, never could bear him even as a side-kick to the greats.

Trevor Noah - yeh, I like him-- very young, but not a bad replacement for John Stewart: except that Comedy Central airs him TOO LATE! A key plus of John Stewart's Daily Show was that ot aired at 7:30pm: a breath of fresh air immediately following nightly news/commentary.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: bethree5,

Posts: 2049 | Location: As they say at 101.5FM: Not New York... Not Philadelphia... PROUD TO BE NEW JERSEY!Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
I love Saturday Night Live - but John Oliver is my favorite.

Posts: 23290 | Location: Chicago, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I haven't watched all of the ones mentioned. I will give them a try. I think SNL is sometimes hilarious and sometimes not. I like Colbert better than Kimmel.

"Wishing in gladness and in safety, may all beings be at ease." ~from the Metta Sutta

posted Hide Post
LOL

"Wishing in gladness and in safety, may all beings be at ease." ~from the Metta Sutta

Picture of BobHale
posted Hide Post

Posts: 7861 | Location: EnglandReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
Hilarious!

Posts: 23290 | Location: Chicago, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post