Wordcraft Home Page    Wordcraft Community Home Page    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Community    NEW POLL: WC Gathering with CW 2008

Closed Poll Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
NEW POLL: WC Gathering with CW 2008 Login/Join

Picture of Caterwauller
posted
Well, it is looking like Early June might yeild the best attendance.

Question:
Which dates would you be most likely to come to the gathering in Columbus Ohio?

Choices:
May 23-26 (Memorial Day in US)
May 30-June 1
June 6 - June 8

Question:
If you attend, how many people will your party contain?

Choices:
Fabulous me!
Myself and a friend/spouse/partner!
3 or more people - maybe I'll rent a bus!

"Happiness is not something ready made. It comes from your own actions.
~Dalai Lama

Picture of Caterwauller
posted Hide Post
I posted this poll, and then I went and responded to another thread so this wasn't at the top. I should know better than to do that!

~Dalai Lama

Picture of Richard English
posted Hide Post
I would almost certainly not be able to make 06 June as that clashes with the ITT conference.

Richard English

Posts: 8037 | Location: Partridge Green, West Sussex, UKReport This Post
Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
We couldn't make the May 30-June 1 date. The thing about Memorial Day is that traveling will be more expensive, and of course by car there's lots of traffic. On the positive side, for people in the U.S. it allows for an extra day off.

Picture of Caterwauller
posted Hide Post
Well, judging from the fact that only 3 of us have voted so far, I don't think I need to worry about how to manage crowds of people! LOL We can pretty much just do as we wish, then, unless others show interest as the time gets close. Let's plan on Memorial Day Weekend.

Kalleh - could you get that other WC poll deleted so this is the only one left?

~Dalai Lama

Picture of arnie
posted Hide Post
CW,

I'm not Kalleh, but I've closed the other poll and referred people to this one. We don't want to delete it as it contains several posts.

Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Picture of Richard English
posted Hide Post
OK, CW. Margaret and will be there, almost certainly on our way back from Canada. We will need a bed for the two of us but other than that we will fit in with whatever you plan.

Richard English

Posts: 8037 | Location: Partridge Green, West Sussex, UKReport This Post
Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
CW, I suspect part of the lack of interest is that these have become annual events. However, as we continue with them, perhaps people will begin to plan them into their schedules.

If anyone who can't come could provide us with some input, perhaps we could make some changes for next time. Are these too soon? Would you prefer a different part of the U.S...or the world? Do you have any suggestions?

posted Hide Post
I posted this elsewhere, but decided maybe this is a better place to pose my question. Is Wordcraft Gathering 2008 only for people with more than junior status on the site? I am a new member, so don't know the protocol. I live in North Carolina, so it shouldn't be too hard to travel to Columbus for a couple of days. It sounds like a lot of fun. Has a date been set yet? I am pretty flexible if it is only for a couple of days.

Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
Oh, heaven's no, it's not just for "regulars." It's for everyone, and we'd love for you to come. We've been discussing it in another thread, but I've booked some hotel rooms, and I could easily add a couple more. I think I will do that, just to be sure.

Richard and his wife, Wordmatic, Shu and I (we're married if you didn' know), possibly Di (from England), TrossL from Atlanta, and of course CW from Columbus will be there. We'd love to meet you. Many of us haven't met each other yet, so you'll definitely be one of us!

We'd love to have you!

Picture of Caterwauller
posted Hide Post
Oooh - I didn't realize that Di was thinking of coming! Fantastic! Elledee - please do consider coming North! We'd love to meet you in Ohio!

~Dalai Lama

Picture of arnie
posted Hide Post
This thread is the most recent about the WC gathering, so please make any future posts there. I've locked this thread.

Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.