Wordcraft Home Page    Wordcraft Community Home Page    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Community    Grandparents?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Grandparents? Login/Join

posted
Are Kalleh and Shufitz grandparents yet? I think their daughter was supposed to stop doing the pregnancy thing yesterday. Soooo, what news?

Posts: 4440 | Location: In a cornfield in central IndianaReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
Ah, yes. She was due April 27th. No baby yet. They are going to induce her tomorrow so I should know soon! I'll let everyone know.

Posts: 23293 | Location: Chicago, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Proofreader
posted Hide Post
Could it just be gas?

Give a man a fish and he can eat for one day; give a man a fishing pole and he will find an excuse to never work again.
Nollidj is power.

Posts: 5996 | Location: Rhode IslandReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
Well - finally! This is why I've been away a bit. While Catherine went into the hospital on May 4th, she didn't have the baby until May 6th. However, all is well with mother and baby, which is what counts. Vivian Elise was 7# 14 oz and 21 inches long. Since she has a double dactyl name, I've been toying with one. I wish Jerry were here to help!

Higgledy Piggledy
Vivian Anderson
Born to our daughter on
Sixth day of May

Strawberry blonde and a
Dimple besides, she will
Incontrovertibly
Brighten your day!

She is a tiny doll and we all love her to pieces. Hopefully she'll be a better poet than her grandmother. Wink

Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
So - I just read an article in the Tribune by someone named "Siri." She was complaining about how awful it is to be named that - with everyone saying, "Hey, Siri. How do I get to the train station?" Or whatever.

This author said, and I confirmed it, that the next generation of Siri will be called "Viv." This could be irritating.

Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
Speaking of names, a friend sent me this:

A little Indian boy asked his father, the big chief and witch doctor of the tribe, "Papa, why is it that we always have long names, while the white men have shorter names ~ Bill, Tex or Sam, for example?"

His father replied, "Look, son, our names represent a symbol, a sign, or a poem for our culture not like the white men, who live all together and repeat their names from generation to generation.

Also, it is part of our makeup that in spite of everything, we survive.

"For example, your sister's name is Small Romantic Moon Over The Lake, because on the night she was born, there was a beautiful moon reflected in the lake.

"Then there's your brother, Big White Horse of the Prairies, because he was born on a day that the big white horse who gallops over the prairies of the world appeared near our camp and is a symbol of our capacity to live and the life force of our people.

"It's very simple and easy to understand. Do you have any other questions, Little Broken Condom Made in China?"

Picture of Proofreader
posted Hide Post
Which reminds me of

A soldier couldn't get home for his wife's birthing so he asked his brother to name the child. He was surprised to learn his wife gave birth to twins, a boy and a girl.

He called his brother ascertain the new names. His brother said they named the girl Denise,

"That's fine and what did you choose for the boy?"

"Denephew."

Give a man a fish and he can eat for one day; give a man a fishing pole and he will find an excuse to never work again.
Nollidj is power.

Posts: 5996 | Location: Rhode IslandReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
Big Grin

Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
I have an exercise class on Saturdays (which is what sometimes interferes with our chats), and a group of us get together for dinner periodically. We call ourselves the fit femmes. They threw me a surprise Grandma Shower, and wrote a poem for me. I know many Wordcrafters like poetry, so here it is:

Fit Femmes grand-kids, hip hip hooray!
We toast our newest one today
The grandma of this tiny tot
Will teach her burpees, planks and squats
And how to laugh with all her friends
And how to do those deep knee bends
We wish them well, the Spector gals
Fit femmes and grand-kids make great pals!