Wordcraft Home Page    Wordcraft Community Home Page    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  The Written Word    Library Usage in US
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Library Usage in US Login/Join

Picture of Caterwauller
posted
I've posted many times about the nature of library services and how things are changing. I think I've also shared my concern about shrinking funding and increased usage and what that is doing to our ability to serve. I find this study, done by OCLC to be interesting and succinct. What do you all think?

"Happiness is not something ready made. It comes from your own actions.
~Dalai Lama

Posts: 5149 | Location: Columbus, OhioReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bethree5
posted Hide Post
Well, I'm glad to hear things are getting better, not worse for libraries. I have to admit it's taking me a financial crisis to think about heading back over to my wonderful town library, a mere 3 blocks from my house. My book club supports our local town book store by making our monthly purchase there (we get a discount)-- and I've been buying & selling used books on the internet for a while. Frankly... I'm getting a little tired of moving all the paper around!! Wink

Posts: 2605 | Location: As they say at 101.5FM: Not New York... Not Philadelphia... PROUD TO BE NEW JERSEY!Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
I have heard that during this economic downturn that many have gone back to using the library.

Posts: 24735 | Location: Chicago, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post