Wordcraft Home Page    Wordcraft Community Home Page    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  The Written Word    Fun usage #3: “Schadenfreude is not a policy”
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Fun usage #3: “Schadenfreude is not a policy” Login/Join

Picture of shufitz
posted
From today’s paper, #3 of 5:
    The Paulson plan offers a decent prospect. Yes, some bankers will remain in business when they wouldn't otherwise, but Schadenfreude is not a policy and revenge against what's left of Wall Street isn't worth the potential harm to innocents on Main Street.

Posts: 2666 | Location: Chicago, IL USAReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
Okay, Shu. No you must write them a letter telling them to change it to "epicaricacy." Wink

Posts: 24735 | Location: Chicago, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post
<Proofreader>
posted
Many people use and recognize "Schaddnfreude" but only one, "epicaricacy."

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
Oh, of course I was just kidding, Proofreader. I hear you!

On the other hand, "epicaricacy" gets 8,830 hits on Google, and clearly they're not all from us. Our site doesn't appear until page 3. So there! Smile

Posts: 24735 | Location: Chicago, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Richard English
posted Hide Post
quote:
Many people use and recognize "Schaddnfreude" but only one, "epicaricacy."

I used it in a speech only last week. Nobody asked what it meant - but then few people like to admit to their ignorance!

Richard English

Posts: 8038 | Location: Partridge Green, West Sussex, UKReply With QuoteReport This Post