Wordcraft Home Page    Wordcraft Community Home Page    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  The Written Word    Rectal retinitis
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rectal retinitis Login/Join

Picture of Kalleh
posted
I heard this term at a presentation today and found it quite funny. It means your rectum is attached to your eyes, thus giving you a lousy attitude. There is apparently a similar adjective: "rectumnalretinal" outlook.

Whoever derived the term didn't know his medical terminology. "Retinitis" is inflammation of the retina, not an attachment of the retina. Oh well; it's still funny. I think too literally, I guess.

Posts: 24735 | Location: Chicago, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BobHale
posted Hide Post
In my neck of the woods "he's got eyes up his arse" wouldn't refer to attitude but to the way that he sees everything and is essentially saying "you won't get away with anything if he's around".

It's a coarser version of "eyes in the back of his head".

This message has been edited. Last edited by: BobHale,

"No man but a blockhead ever wrote except for money." Samuel Johnson.

Posts: 9421 | Location: EnglandReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of arnie
posted Hide Post
Then of course we've the saying, "to have one's head up one's arse" meaning "to spend so much time thinking about yourself that you have no time to think about other more important things". See http://idioms.thefreedictionary.com/have+head+up+arse

Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Posts: 10940 | Location: LondonReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
Hilarious, arnie! Big Grin

Posts: 24735 | Location: Chicago, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post