Wordcraft Home Page    Wordcraft Community Home Page    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  The Written Word    Physicists Humor
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Physicists Humor Login/Join

Picture of shufitz
posted
It seems that improvisational comedy is being taught to the CERN-collider physicists studying subatomic-particles! (See Wall Street Journal article today, titled Two Protons Walk Into a Black Hole.) It's an effort to build listening skills, quick reaction, thinking-outside-the-box, etc.

Jokes include:
    "Do my bosons give you a hadron?"
    [female physicist to blushing male physicist]

A neutron walks into a bar and asks how much the drinks cost. The bartender replies, "For you, no charge."
The article notes, "Ms. Halpern had the physicists invent an imaginary product. In short order, they came up with something called "Wi and Dry" -- satin adult diapers equipped with a wireless Internet signal -- and composed a jingle that, unfortunately, is unprintable."

Oh intrepid researchers, let's find that jingle!!!

Posts: 2666 | Location: Chicago, IL USAReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hic et ubique
posted Hide Post
Here's their lyrics for Large Hadron Rap. But skip the lyrics and go straight to the links for video. Wink

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Hic et ubique,

Picture of Richard English
posted Hide Post
A fencing instructor named Fisk
Had movements incredibly brisk.
So fast was his action
The Fitzgerald Contraction
Foreshortened his foil to a disc.

Richard English

Posts: 8038 | Location: Partridge Green, West Sussex, UKReply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Took my degree in physics, and often sparred with the mathematicians, until one day it was all resolved:

"Math is to physics, as grammar is to poetry."

RJA

Posts: 488 | Location: Westport CTReply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Werner Heisenberg is driving down the road and is stopped by the police. The policeman asks him, "Do you have any idea how fast you were going?", to which he responds, "No, but I know exactly where I am."

Posts: 886 | Location: IllinoisReply With QuoteReport This Post
<Asa Lovejoy>
posted
Was he Maching the cop?

Reply With QuoteReport This Post