Wordcraft Home Page    Wordcraft Community Home Page    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  The Written Word    Toilet paper orientation
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Toilet paper orientation Login/Join

Picture of arnie
posted
Is this for real? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toilet_paper_orientation

Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Posts: 10940 | Location: LondonReply With QuoteReport This Post
<Proofreader>
posted
If you have a cat, then you may have learned why TP should not be oriented in such a way that a cat clawing at it could pull the entire roll off the reel.

Don't believe me?

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of zmježd
posted Hide Post
You'd be surprised, Arnie, but I have heard some mighty passionate and mostly irrational arguments from both sides. (The thing I was most amazed at the first time I visited the UK in the mid-'70s was the "hygienic" TP that was basically like wax paper.)

Ceci n'est pas un seing.

Posts: 5148 | Location: R'lyehReply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've heard that kind of TP referred to as "John Wayne" paper: It don't take no s**t off nobody!

Why do we call it toilet paper? Hygenic paper I understand, but toilet? Seems awfully euphamistic.

Geoff, thinking of buying my spouse's cat a bidet. Wink

It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. -J. Krishnamurti

Posts: 6168 | Location: Muncie, IndianaReply With QuoteReport This Post
<Proofreader>
posted
quote:
Geoff, thinking of buying my spouse's cat a bidet.

Train your cat better.

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
quote:
If you have a cat, then you may have learned why TP should not be oriented in such a way that a cat clawing at it could pull the entire roll off the reel.
We have a cat and a dog and we'd not think of under.

Z is right about the passion, and I, too, remember hearing that it was the most controversial subject in Ann Landers' column.

Of course, I can't imagine anyone hanging it under, unless of course you can guarantee that your wall is sterile. Think of a McDonald's restaurant or an airport...really, you'd use toilet paper that has been in contact with the wall there? Ugh!

Posts: 24735 | Location: Chicago, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post