Wordcraft Community Home Page
"Bottom's Dream"

This topic can be found at:
https://wordcraft.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/332607094/m/3950084486

September 27, 2016, 11:21
Kalleh
"Bottom's Dream"
Who's going to read Bottom's Dream ? If I know Wordcrafters, some of you already have. Roll Eyes This is the first English Language release of the 13-pound German novel by Arno Schmidt. Quote from Michael Orthofer, founder of Complete Review, a literary website, "I suspect it will mainly be a conversation piece."

13 pounds? It sounds like a Russian novel!
September 27, 2016, 13:20
zmježd
I skimmed Zettel's Traum when I lived in Germany. It was huge! (I am surprised that it has been translated.)

Ceci n'est pas un seing.
September 27, 2016, 18:45
Geoff
Welll, my late father read Will & Ariel Durant's "The Story of Civilization" all the way through, and that weights about thirty pounds, but the type's not small. Roll Eyes
September 27, 2016, 19:48
<Proofreader>
I've been reading incorrectly for years. I didn't realize I was supposed to uy books by the pound
September 27, 2016, 20:09
Kalleh
I wonder how long it took to translate it!
October 01, 2016, 09:50
arnie
In the old days I used to wait until expensive hardback books came out in paperback. Now I wait until they come out in ebook form.

Somehow, though, I suspect I'll have to wait a long while for a digital version of this. Roll Eyes

Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.
October 01, 2016, 12:45
<Proofreader>
quote:
I suspect I'll have to wait a long while for a digital version of this.

Or get a bigger hard drive.