Wordcraft Home Page    Wordcraft Community Home Page    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  The Written Word    An American obituary
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

An American obituary Login/Join

Picture of Kalleh
posted
I am sure you non-Americans think we are all crazy here in the U.S. Well, I suppose we are, when you think about it. Here is an actual obituary from a Virginia newspaper - I love it!

"Faced with the prospect of voting for either Donald Trump or Hillary Clinton, Mary Anne Noland of Richmond chose, instead, to pass into the eternal love of God on Sunday, May 15, 2016, at the age of 68...."

Posts: 24735 | Location: Chicago, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BobHale
posted Hide Post
Well let's hope that a) her beliefs are correct and b) she's led a good and blameless life because if she goes the other way she'll be meeting a hell of a lot of politicians.

"No man but a blockhead ever wrote except for money." Samuel Johnson.

Posts: 9421 | Location: EnglandReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
The Trumpster, for sure.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kalleh:
I am sure you non-Americans think we are all crazy here in the U.S. Well, I suppose we are, when you think about it. Here is an actual obituary from a Virginia newspaper - I love it!

"Faced with the prospect of voting for either Donald Trump or Hillary Clinton, Mary Anne Noland of Richmond chose, instead, to pass into the eternal love of God on Sunday, May 15, 2016, at the age of 68...."

LOL

Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
And the craziness keeps continuing in American politics. To be honest, I blame the UK. Had that Brexit situation never occurred, we'd be having a normal campaign. Wink