Wordcraft Community Home Page
FDC Willard

This topic can be found at:
https://wordcraft.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/332607094/m/4960033886

September 18, 2017, 19:58
Kalleh
FDC Willard
This is a hilarious video about a cat who became an author because, back in the 70s when there were no computers, a researcher didn't want to go through the trouble of changing all the "we's" in his paper to "I's." (apostrophes intended for clarity)
September 22, 2017, 21:01
Kalleh
Aw, come on. No takers on this hilarious video?
September 23, 2017, 03:08
BobHale
Gave me paws for thought.

"No man but a blockhead ever wrote except for money." Samuel Johnson.
September 23, 2017, 05:10
Geoff
While I had not seen the video previously, I've known about Willard for years. That guy on the video talks faster than I can listen!
September 23, 2017, 11:58
<Proofreader>
All my stupid cat does is slee or beg for food.I may keep him wide awake and hungry to see if he has some worthwhile ideas.
September 23, 2017, 12:17
Geoff
My spouse's felis terribilis opens firmly closed doors, knocks stuff off the kitchen counter, and pees in the dog's water bowl.
I HATE THAT DAMNED CAT!
September 23, 2017, 18:14
<Proofreader>
We got a emi-feral cat from the shelter when it flooded several years ago. I worked with him to get him so we could pick him up. Took two years. On the day I had to pick him up to go in the carrier for his shots, he came out like a feline buzzsaw, scratched and gouged my leg and fastened his teeth in my hand Within two hours I had a baseball glove on the end of my arm, and an ER bill.
I LOVE THAT MONSTER!
September 24, 2017, 06:21
BobHale
I can only assume that your typo means an "emo-feral" cat.

https://silvergamer3.deviantar...rt/Emo-Cat-556855610

Edited because I had a typo in the word "typo".

This message has been edited. Last edited by: BobHale,

"No man but a blockhead ever wrote except for money." Samuel Johnson.
September 24, 2017, 15:38
tinman
Thanks, Kalleh, for that video. I found the story of Willard interesting but, like Geoff, I didn't care for the presentation. He did speak faster than I like, but I had no trouble following him. It was his perpetual motion that bothered me. He seemed to have a nervous condition.
September 24, 2017, 20:08
<Proofreader>
semi-feral

He tries to put ten minutes of material into five of time.
September 24, 2017, 20:35
Kalleh
I agree that the presenter spoke quite fast. i assumed it was from his English background. I've often found that with English speakers.

On the other hand, folks from North Carolina seem to speak so slowly that I can hardly stand it. In my work I come across people from all over, and I've found that to be true of many people from NC (though not you, Geoff).