Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ntrstng thry Login/Join

posted
W'v ll rd ths rtcls whch sy t dsn't mttr wht rdr lttrs ppr n wrds s lng s th frst nd lst lttrs r n th crrct rdr, bt n tm n ths prgrmm tks ths frthr nd sys tht vwls r nncssry nd nly cnsnts r ssntl fr ndrstndng th wrttn wrd.

mst sy tht thr r mny wrds tht wld b ntllgble wtht vwls bcs thy'r nrly ll vwls nd cntn nly n r tw cnsnts. cn thnk of svrl, bt cn't wrt thm n ths pst Smile!!!

Wht d y thnk?

BBC prgrmms nd Rl Plyr, whch cn b dwnldd frm hr (fr dwnld t bttm f pg - gnr th 14 dy fr trl t th tp).

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Dianthus,

Picture of aput
posted Hide Post
ntllgbl r nntllgbl?

Posts: 502 | Location: LondonReply With QuoteReport This Post
<Asa Lovejoy>
posted
Ppycck!!!

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BobHale
posted Hide Post
s, gr

"No man but a blockhead ever wrote except for money." Samuel Johnson.

Posts: 9421 | Location: EnglandReply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by aput:
ntllgbl r nntllgbl?

Mostly intelligible, but I found that there are words which mostly consist of vowels, like idea, that are impossible to fit into that notation.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Asa Lovejoy:
Ppycck!!!

There's a very practical application of that though.

When I left school, I took a secretarial course and learned Pitman's shorthand. I never really mastered all those lines, dots and squiggles, but we used to get a small-ad in magazines and newspapers advertising a correspondence course in "Speedwriting". This ad had the caption "F u cn rd ths, u cn b a scrtry nd ern lts of mny". I never took that course, but the idea stuck with me and I still use that notation even now. It's stood me in good stead through many years of taking minutes of business meetings and endless notes for lectures and other transcriptions.

Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
I can see it for note taking, but reading it takes so much more time!

Posts: 24735 | Location: Chicago, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Dianthus:
[
When I left school, I took a secretarial course and learned Pitman's shorthand. I

I learned Gregg shorthand in school. It was great for taking notes at lectures in all my other classes. The only problem was that sometimes a classmate wanted to copy my notes if they had missed a class! Frown

Posts: 235 | Location: Portland, OregonReply With QuoteReport This Post