Wordcraft Home Page    Wordcraft Community Home Page    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  The Written Word    Stormhammer Deathclaw Firebrand
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Stormhammer Deathclaw Firebrand Login/Join

Picture of arnie
posted
According to this post on Language Log this story is going round the Internet. I must be one of the slower-witted news junkies on my block, as I hadn't heard about it before now.

I agree with most of what Geoff Pullum writes (apart perhaps the part about my being one of the slower-witted news junkies) - how would any of our lady members feel about being approached by a man introducing himself as Stormhammer Deathclaw Firebrand, let alone contemplate being called Mrs SD Fireband?

This post might be of particular interest to Caterwauller in view of LL's proposed name change mentioned in the last paragraph. Big Grin

Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Posts: 10940 | Location: LondonReply With QuoteReport This Post
<Proofreader>
posted
Here is what Wiki has to say about name changing. Apparently it is entirely legal to change your name without going to court provided you do not do so for a fraudulent purpose. So my screen name is perfectly legitimate and in no way detracts from my legal name of Garnet Zircon Diamond.

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I like that proposed name: Blastmonkey's Degobbinated Caterwaul. Wink

I also am a slower-witted news junkie...thank goodness!

Posts: 24735 | Location: Chicago, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post