Wordcraft Home Page    Wordcraft Community Home Page    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  The Written Word    Interesting new book from Bok
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Interesting new book from Bok Login/Join

posted
Hi folks - I'm back again Smile!

I've just been listening to a very interesting radio interview with Christian Bok who's written a new book entitled Eunoia in which each of the five chapters uses words with only the one vowel assigned to that chapter (only A for chapter 1, E for 2, etc.). It took him seven years to write and in this YouTube clip you can hear him reading extracts from the book. Fascinating.

For written extracts, see here.

Hmmm. I've noticed an errant "i" in the extracts from Chapter E. Tut, tut, tsk, tsk Smile.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Dianthus,

Picture of Richard English
posted Hide Post
I have posted a mono-vowel comment about a catapostrophe in one of the comments.

Richard English

Posts: 8038 | Location: Partridge Green, West Sussex, UKReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of arnie
posted Hide Post
I liked the comment by Susan Harvey:
quote:
Brand - What a scandal! A daft prat! Sad, mad Brand. Sack!
Ross - No good! Fool. Clot. Stop Ross's work. Show Ross door. Bog off, Ross!

That will probably mean little to US readers, but there's a big fuss going on at the moment about some stupid calls made during a radio programme. See this story for the (current) situation.

Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Posts: 10940 | Location: LondonReply With QuoteReport This Post
<Asa Lovejoy>
posted
What caught my attention was this headline:http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/7701153.stm
Since when does "buck" denote British currency?

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Proofreader>
posted
quote:
Since when does "buck" denote British currency?

The buck wasn't meant as currency. See this.

Reply With QuoteReport This Post