Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Say what??? Login/Join

<Asa Lovejoy>
posted
Since I can't resist a bit of wordplay, I lifted this from the SFGate website: De Cecco ... edits the Journal of Homosexuality, an academic peer-review journal that comes out eight times per year;

So, coming out once is not enough!?!? Roll Eyes

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wordmatic
posted Hide Post
At least it doesn't out other publications against their wishes!

Wordmatic

Posts: 1390 | Location: Near Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of arnie
posted Hide Post
Maybe it's an exhibitionist?

Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Posts: 10940 | Location: LondonReply With QuoteReport This Post
<Asa Lovejoy>
posted
Another wacky SF Gate quote, this time a photo caption: Successful blastoff: The Russian Soyuz TMA-11 space ship, carrying American Peggy Whitson, Malasyan Sheikh Muszaphar Shukor and Russian Yuri Malenchenko, soars over Kazakhstan on its way to inseminate the international space station with new blood.

A bloody insemination? OWWWWWW!!! Red Face

Picture of jerry thomas
posted Hide Post
It says here: Insemination can breed egg-citing outcomes.

Posts: 6708 | Location: Kehena Beach, Hawaii, U.S.A.Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
Not to get off the subject, but eight times a year? I've heard of biannually, and 4 times a year, but 8 times a year? I've just not heard of that. When do the issues come out? September through April?

Also, I couldn't find a word for 4 times a year (quadrennial means every 4 years) or 3 times a year (triennial means every 3 years). Many journals come out 4 times a year so you'd think there'd be a word for it.

Posts: 24735 | Location: Chicago, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jerry thomas
posted Hide Post
Bi-Quarterly ?

Posts: 6708 | Location: Kehena Beach, Hawaii, U.S.A.Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Asa Lovejoy>
posted
Jerry, did you learn that in a SEMENar?

<Asa Lovejoy>
posted
quote:
Many journals come out 4 times a year so you'd think there'd be a word for it.

Quardramensural? Confused

Picture of jerry thomas
posted Hide Post
The R & D Department is hard at work doing seminal research on the forthcoming uprisings down south. One climactic conclusion has been published already ..... "Compatibility is coming together." Vast differences are being exposed.

Picture of arnie
posted Hide Post
quote:
I couldn't find a word for 4 times a year
It's quarterly.

The Royal Statistical Society publishes its newsletter ten times a year, missing out July and August when many members are on holiday. Perhaps readers of the Journal of Homosexuality take longer holidays?

Note: holiday = vacation in US-speak. Wink

Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Posts: 10940 | Location: LondonReply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Triannual means three times a year. Note that triannual can also mean trienniel. Go figure.

Posts: 2878 | Location: Shoreline, WA, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
Oh, for heaven's sake, I must have been tired, Arnie, when I said there's no word for 4 times a year. I write a column for a quarterly journal! Sometimes it's best not to get up in the morning. Wink

Posts: 24735 | Location: Chicago, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post