Wordcraft Home Page    Wordcraft Community Home Page    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  The Written Word    On open message to Sewnmouthsecret
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

On open message to Sewnmouthsecret Login/Join

Picture of BobHale
posted
I hope the unseemly display in the thread that you started hasn't scared you away from the site.

Mostly we discuss things sensibly and rationally around here.

Unfortunately that thread has degenerated. It's an old argument that we've had many times. Many of us are tired of it but like feuding Hillbilly clans we just can't stop fighting the same battle.

Please don't judge us by that one thread. If we haven't scared you off stop by again and leave us some of your poems or tell us what you think of some of ours.

Things are usually more civil.

Bob Hale

"No man but a blockhead ever wrote except for money." Samuel Johnson.

Posts: 9421 | Location: EnglandReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Bob. My thoughts, exactly, and I had sent Sewnmouthsecret a PM to that effect.

What a marvelous venue, though, for us to provide our poetry. Or for you to provide yours. I realize, after reading the material in the Linguistics thread about poetry, that my paltry limericks and DDs hardly reach the level of poetry...or good poetry anyway. They are fun, though, and I enjoy writing them so I will continue.

I'd love to read some more of your poems, Wordcrafters. I'd like to try writing a few poems myself, though I am a little reluctant to post them because many of you have written for years. I haven't even written DDs and limericks for that long.

Or feel free to post some of your favorite poems here. But let's keep the spirit of Sewnmouthsecret's original post going.

Posts: 24735 | Location: Chicago, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Richard English
posted Hide Post
[Deleted off-topic post.]

This message has been edited. Last edited by: zmježd,

Richard English

Posts: 8038 | Location: Partridge Green, West Sussex, UKReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Richard English
posted Hide Post
I am fed up with the childish behaviour and personal attacks that I am receiving on this board when I dare to suggest that the unmade beds, periods of silence and flashing lights are not art.

The posting I made, that has been deleted in an abuse of his power by zmj, was no more off-topic than Kalleh's.

On the assumption that he will allow this post to remain, I am hereby announcing that I am off this board for an indefinite period, maybe for ever.

I am particularly sad about this because I have made good friends here.

I wish you all well.

Richard English

Posts: 8038 | Location: Partridge Green, West Sussex, UKReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BobHale
posted Hide Post
Richard, please see my PM.

"No man but a blockhead ever wrote except for money." Samuel Johnson.

Posts: 9421 | Location: EnglandReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jerry thomas
posted Hide Post
.... and mine ....

Posts: 6708 | Location: Kehena Beach, Hawaii, U.S.A.Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of zmježd
posted Hide Post
[Deleted.]

This message has been edited. Last edited by: zmježd,

Ceci n'est pas un seing.

Posts: 5148 | Location: R'lyehReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wordcrafter
posted Hide Post
I personally don't feel that a public thread is the proper place to discuss or argue a this disagreement.

Although some of the mattters you two have put here are appropriate, other parts seem to be out of line. My feeling is that discussion of who-is-right-and-who-is-wrong is not suitable here. Let's handle it privately.