Wordcraft Home Page    Wordcraft Community Home Page    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  The Written Word    Winning Battles with Words
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Winning Battles with Words Login/Join

posted
Marketing is merely a civilized form of warfare in which most battles are won with [COLOR:GREEN]words ideas, and disciplined thinking.[/COLOR]

Albert W. Emery

Posts: 6 | Location: Williams Lake, BC; Edmonton, Alberta; Everett, WashingtonReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hic et ubique
posted Hide Post
quote:
a civilized form of warfare
Is that oxymoronic? Wink

Picture of Richard English
posted Hide Post
quote:
Is that oxymoronic? Wink

I'd suggest not; most wars have been between civilisations.

Richard English

Posts: 8038 | Location: Partridge Green, West Sussex, UKReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of arnie
posted Hide Post
I assume this Albert W. Emery is or was a marketing consultant or similar. A Google search disclosed a UK marketing consultant's Web page that quoted the same saying, but without any indication as to who he might be. Wikipedia doesn't seem to include him.

I imagine the marketing folks would agree with such a sentiment, but not the general public.

Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Posts: 10940 | Location: LondonReply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I suppose one might well reason that the whole point of civilization is so that you know what side you are on when the inevitable wars occur Wink

Myth Jellies
Cerebroplegia--the cure is within our grasp