Wordcraft Home Page    Wordcraft Community Home Page    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  The Written Word    I did it again!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I did it again! Login/Join

Picture of Kalleh
posted
My literalism does get me into some interesting situations! Just today I was ordering a salad for lunch and saw this sign: "Salad with Soup - $1.50 additional" You're all going to think I am a fool, as my son did, but I immediately thought, "Soup in the salad? That's ridiculous!" My son thought I was just pretending I was that stupid, but I wasn't. Of course, very quickly I realized the meaning, but it was that split-second that was funny! Big Grin

Posts: 24735 | Location: Chicago, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post
<Proofreader>
posted
Like the old man whose friends sdent a prostitute over as a birthday gift. She said, when he answered the door, "I'm here for super sex."
He thought about it and said, "I'll take the soup."

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
That could have been I! Big Grin

Picture of arnie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kalleh:

Which, the old man or the prostitute? Wink Big Grin

Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Posts: 10940 | Location: LondonReply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kalleh:

Surely you mean "That could have been me!"

<Proofreader>
posted
My wife worked on the second floor of the zoo administration office as the Zoo Society's bookkeeper. One snowy day I had volunteered to take over for the zoo receptionist on the first floor while the regular receptionist took a day off.

That morning a well-dressed man came in and said, "I would like to speak to Brenda." I had just talked to zookeeper Brenda about five minutes earlier, so I told him she was in one of the buildings halfway across the zoo. He went out into the storm, returning snow-covered about fifteen minutes later saying, "I meant the 'Brenda' who works for the Zoo Society."
I sent him upstairs, not mentioning that that particular Brenda was my wife, whose name didn't occur to me.

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
quote:
Surely you mean "That could have been me!"
Nope. I read Strunk and White, you know. Wink

Funny, Proof!