Wordcraft Home Page    Wordcraft Community Home Page    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  The Written Word    National Library Week
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

National Library Week Login/Join

Picture of Kalleh
posted
April 13-19 is National Library Week so enjoy your library! I hope you have a cozy one like our Glencoe Library that has leather chairs next to a beautiful fireplace.

Here is an article from the Chicago Tribune about some interesting aspects about Chicago libraries.

Posts: 24735 | Location: Chicago, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Caterwauller
posted Hide Post
What a nice article in tribute to your library system! I'd practically forgotten that this is National Lib Week. I'm home this week with the horrible bronchial crud that has been passed around our lovely library system. We had trouble getting enough people to open the branch yesterday, there are so many of us ill! Yipes!

"Happiness is not something ready made. It comes from your own actions.
~Dalai Lama

Posts: 5149 | Location: Columbus, OhioReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
Sorry, CW. Shu and I have been healthy this season (knock on wood!), but everyone at my work has been sick.

I thought you'd enjoy the article! Is your library doing anything special?

Posts: 24735 | Location: Chicago, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Caterwauller
posted Hide Post
No, not really, although it's mentioned on the website. There is some kind of fund-raiser thing going on later in the month, I think. It's always so far above my means that I don't really pay much attention to when it is. LOL

I've been posting some fun, library-related video links on one of my blogs if you're interested.

"Happiness is not something ready made. It comes from your own actions.
~Dalai Lama

Posts: 5149 | Location: Columbus, OhioReply With QuoteReport This Post