Wordcraft Home Page    Wordcraft Community Home Page    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Wordplay    Limerick Game: Berlin
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Limerick Game: Berlin Login/Join

Picture of bethree5
posted
New location for your limericking assays: Berlin, Germany, on my mind as I complete Erik Larson's 2011 non-fiction page-turner, "In the Garden of Beasts". Bitte PM your entries.

Posts: 2605 | Location: As they say at 101.5FM: Not New York... Not Philadelphia... PROUD TO BE NEW JERSEY!Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
I'm thinking!

Posts: 24735 | Location: Chicago, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post
<Proofreader>
posted
Doesn't end in the town name, so therefore is not eligible for the contest.

I once measured the old Berlin wall
Which the Russians had built, you'll recall.
I'd forgotten my rule
But I did have a tool --
At its height, it is twelve peters tall.

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
It's funny, though!

Sometimes I wish we didn't have the rule about the place being in the 1st, 2nd or 5th line. By the way, where is Bob these days?

Picture of Greg S
posted Hide Post
Mine's in

Regards Greg

Posts: 991 | Location: Melbourne AustraliaReply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Don't know how good this one is, but I can't submit it, because it is inspired off of Proofreader's.

We once measured the wall of Berlin.
No tapes, hence the tools of some men.
They found that the wall,
Was twelve units tall,
Plus or minus six peters therein.

Posts: 244 | Location: ColoradoReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bethree5
posted Hide Post
Proof & Tom -- Big Grin Big Grin !!

Posts: 2605 | Location: As they say at 101.5FM: Not New York... Not Philadelphia... PROUD TO BE NEW JERSEY!Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
When can we vote? Cool

Picture of bethree5
posted Hide Post
Sorry it will be a bit slow here as we are on vacation at Cape Cod.

Right now I have only 4 limericks by 3 authors. Can we get another 1 or 2, folks? Pretty please? Come on Proof & Tom.

Picture of bethree5
posted Hide Post
Er that was wrong-- I have one from Greg. I actually have 5 limericks from 4 authors. Tom, bitte schön mit Zucker? BOB HALE are you out there?

Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
Yes, I am missing Bob. Does anyone know where he is? Maybe he has a summer teaching job?

Picture of arnie
posted Hide Post
He has.

Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Posts: 10940 | Location: LondonReply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I haven't been able to think of anything for "Berlin" (except the above based on Proofreader's original). I apologize for not submitting a limerick. If an idea comes to me, before you put it to a vote, I will submit, but please don't wait on me. Five doesn't seem like a bad number.

Posts: 244 | Location: ColoradoReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bethree5
posted Hide Post
Aha, Bob is w/o net. No sweat Tom, found another to throw in, posting results shortly.