Wordcraft Home Page    Wordcraft Community Home Page    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Wordplay    Limerick Game: Drums
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Limerick Game: Drums Login/Join

Picture of bethree5
posted
The new location, by request, is easy to rhyme! The town of Drums is located in the northeast quadrant of Pa, near Hazelton, about 60 miles northwest of Allentown. Just another one of those odd-named PA towns.

Posts: 2605 | Location: As they say at 101.5FM: Not New York... Not Philadelphia... PROUD TO BE NEW JERSEY!Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Bethree! I'll think and get one to you shortly. What an interesting time that must have been when this village was founded. That's what I love about the East - such history.

Posts: 24735 | Location: Chicago, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of arnie
posted Hide Post
quote:
The village was originally named "Drum's" after the Drum family, whose members developed the village's first school, post office, hotels, churches, roads, and businesses. The apostrophe was eventually dropped. Family members held positions as pioneers, land developers, justices of the peace, postmasters, school presidents, educators, tailors, shoe makers, Lucerne County sheriff, hotel proprietors, lawyers, and Pennsylvania state legislators.[1] The founders of Drums were the Drum family

Were the members of the Drum family connected with the foundation of the town?

Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Posts: 10940 | Location: LondonReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bethree5
posted Hide Post
heh, heh. I'll leave the research to the curious. This is one of those postage-stamp-sized towns-- a road-sign-- on the path I used to take to pick up youngest in his skateboard-camp days Wink

Posts: 2605 | Location: As they say at 101.5FM: Not New York... Not Philadelphia... PROUD TO BE NEW JERSEY!Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Proofreader>
posted
Which route number should we use? 360, 356,3034 or 3021? Once that decision is made, how do you know where you are?

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I hope Drums isn't one of those little radar trap towns. If it is, it's snare Drums.

Posts: 6168 | Location: Muncie, IndianaReply With QuoteReport This Post
<Proofreader>
posted
I think they make Barbies there so it's the dolldrums.

posted Hide Post
Is an Australian Barbie doll a cook?

Picture of Greg S
posted Hide Post
quote:
Is an Australian Barbie doll a cook?

Are us Aussies supposed to get this? I don't.

Regards Greg

Posts: 991 | Location: Melbourne AustraliaReply With QuoteReport This Post
<Proofreader>
posted
Barbie = barbecue

Picture of Greg S
posted Hide Post
quote:
Barbie = barbecue

Thick as a brick.

Regards Greg

Picture of arnie
posted Hide Post
Wouldn't Ken be the cook? It's usually a man cooking on a barbecue in my experience. Although Ken doesn't seem to have some male attributes, so maybe that makes a difference.

Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Posts: 10940 | Location: LondonReply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
.... Although Ken doesn't seem to have some male attributes, so maybe that makes a difference.

Maybe they melted off when he stood too close to Barbie.

Posts: 244 | Location: ColoradoReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Greg S
posted Hide Post
Mine's in

Regards Greg

Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
quote:
Are us Aussies supposed to get this? I don't.

I didn't get it either, Greg, nor the explanation. We're both thick as bricks, I guess. Wink

Mine's still in my brain, but it'll be out soon.

Picture of Greg S
posted Hide Post
So how many Drums limericks have you collected to date Bethree5? How many more do you think you need?

Regards Greg

Picture of bethree5
posted Hide Post
harharhar Big Grin I love all the puns. What a nutty mental image I'm left with. Oh wait, someone's already done it for me: go to google images and search Barbie Q

Folks, we have four entries from three people. Please step up to the plate.

posted Hide Post
I'm still trying to drum up a decent one.

Picture of bethree5
posted Hide Post
We have six. Could use one more. Here's the challenge: the "ums" words seem to impinge on that sort of punch and pizazz we often see here in LimLand. I'm going to give it another day or two & hope to come up with something punchy myself.

Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
Mine's finally in.

Picture of BobHale
posted Hide Post
Sent a couple

"No man but a blockhead ever wrote except for money." Samuel Johnson.

Posts: 9421 | Location: EnglandReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bethree5
posted Hide Post
Thank you one & all, great turn-out!

I'm giving 24hr notice, just in case someone is just about turn in some deathless prose, er, limerick.

Will post poll Tuesday evening