Wordcraft Home Page    Wordcraft Community Home Page    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Wordplay    Small Dole Limerick
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Small Dole Limerick Login/Join

Picture of Richard English
posted
OK folks.

PM me your limericks for Small Dole. There's not much in Small Dole apart from a quite nice pub. But I am sure that there must be some interesting activities simmering beneath its respectable front.

Richard English

Posts: 8038 | Location: Partridge Green, West Sussex, UKReply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nobody rising to the challenge then? Come on, it's not that hard a rhyme; you just have to be a bit creative.

Richard English

Posts: 8038 | Location: Partridge Green, West Sussex, UKReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
Richard, I'll send you one. I've been offline for a few days because of a work assignment, but I'll start thinking.

Posts: 24735 | Location: Chicago, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post
<Proofreader>
posted
Am I the only one with the ability to devise a potential winner for this rhyme?

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Proofreader:

Yes.

It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. -J. Krishnamurti

Posts: 6168 | Location: Muncie, IndianaReply With QuoteReport This Post
<Proofreader>
posted
Then I WIN!

Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
quote:

Nope! Mine's in!

posted Hide Post
Keep them coming, folks. Four good ones so far.

Richard English

posted Hide Post
I am off to see Norway's midnight sun next Tuesday - so, unless I get some more entries, I will have to post a poll with only 4.

Richard English

Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
I am ready for the next one to be easy...like Dallas, or something. The last few have been hard, and that means all you can really focus on is the rhyme.

posted Hide Post
As I wrote, you simply need to be imaginative with your rhymes. Without looking at any entries or WikiRhymes I can immediately think of over twenty perfect rhymes from "all bowl" to "y'all whole" - and plenty from the middle of the alphabet.

Richard English

posted Hide Post
Still only 4 limericks - I don't think it's even worth posting a poll (and I wouldn't be able to monitor it for a couple of weeks in any case). So I'll leave it open in case any more Wordcrafters have the muse visit them.

If someone else wants to start another thread with a different destination, be my guest.

I'll be checking back here in a fortnight.

Richard English

Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
Shufitz has a great one. I'll make sure he sends it to you. He came up with it so quickly. I couldn't believe it! Mad

posted Hide Post
Unless there's an internet room on the ship (and I've not sailed on this one previously) I'll be out of touch for a fortnight. But I am sure the entries will keep...

Richard English

Picture of Greg S
posted Hide Post
Hi Folks,

I have been out of the loop completely for about a month. New job - first one in 3 years and trying to refinance my home, so I am not working out which bills not to pay each month.

I'm also addicted to watching the Olympics despite Australia's less than stellar performances. Speaking of which, Kalleh, did you watch the US vs Aus Women's Basketball Semi-Final about 12 hours ago. Didn't I tell you Liz Cambage was going to be a Superstar. She's 6 ft 8 in, only 19 years old and she tore the US to shreds in the first half with a tournament high (for her) 19 points in the first half, on the back of which the Aussie Opals amazingly had a 4 point half-time lead. It almost made staying up till 2 in the morning to watch it worthwhile. But then the US coach put a Zone defence on the Aussies in the 2nd-half every item Liz Cambage was on the court, and from that point on, the Opals couldn't get the ball in to Liz and the US ran away with the game. But it was exciting for a while.

I'll try to get a Small Dole limerick in before the weekend finishes.

Regards Greg

Posts: 991 | Location: Melbourne AustraliaReply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If getting a decent job in Oz is as hard as it is in the USA, you are to be congratulated!

Geoff, who thinks the Olympics should be in Greece. Always.

It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. -J. Krishnamurti

Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
I did see the Olympics women basketball game, Greg, and I agree with you. They looked good!

Small Dole is quite a challenge!

<Proofreader>
posted
Richard English is off on a cruise
So there's no contest letting us choose
Winning entries, so one way
To kill tme until Norway
Has tossed out his carcass-- we'll shmooze.

If anyone wants to enter daffys for the "What is It?" contest, there's still time. Sorry not to have gotten to it but a minor car accident put me in uncomfortable situations for a few days.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Proofreader:
Sorry not to have gotten to it but a minor car accident put me in uncomfortable situations for a few days.
It took THAT long to get you out from under it??? Confused Was it this kind of Minor? http://motoburg.com/1693-morris-minor-1000.html Or the later one? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/F..._Mini-Minor_1959.jpg

<Proofreader>
posted
I have to give great credit to seat belts and air bags for letting my wife and I walk away from a collision without injury. However, the doctor said we would feel the effects of the air bag for the next few weeks. I thought he was kidding but he wasn't.

Picture of bethree5
posted Hide Post
Frown Frown
Feel better soon, Proof & wife!

Posts: 2605 | Location: As they say at 101.5FM: Not New York... Not Philadelphia... PROUD TO BE NEW JERSEY!Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
Well, heck, Proof. Sorry about that. Red Face

posted Hide Post
Hello everyone,

Well I am back from cold, wet and windy Norway and - what do you know - more Small Doll entries. I'll post the poll this week.

Richard English