Wordcraft Home Page    Wordcraft Community Home Page    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Wordplay    Bluffing game: binky
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bluffing game: binky Login/Join

<Proofreader>
posted
I am aware that you all know the primary definition of "binky"

1.(informal, childish) A stuffed animal, blanket, or toy that a small child is more attached to than any other, and often sleeps with.

2.(US, informal, childish) A baby's pacifier. See Pacifier. In the U.S. (Reg. 0334946) and a number of other countries, BINKY is a brand of pacifiers, owned by Playtex Products, Inc.

But there is another less common meaning and it's up to you to provide me with what you believe it is. No checking for the actual definition. I want your most creative notions of what the word could mean. Send me your ideas in a PM.

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Proofreader>
posted
Hey! There's another game here!

Picture of arnie
posted Hide Post
I'm no expert on babies but I've never heard of a binky, either as a child's sleeping companion or as a pacifier (what we'd call a dummy). I have heard of a favourite blanket being called a 'blankie', though.

There is one connection in which I have seen the word, and that is as a name so it won't fit the requirements of the game. It is, sadly, rather relevant as it is the name of Death's horse in the late great Terry Pratchett's Discworld books.

Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Posts: 10940 | Location: LondonReply With QuoteReport This Post
<Proofreader>
posted
There doesn't seem to be any affection for this particular game, since no one has responded.

posted Hide Post
The only daffynition I could think of was indecent. Surely you wouldn't want that.

Posts: 6168 | Location: Muncie, IndianaReply With QuoteReport This Post
<Proofreader>
posted
GAME CALLED DUE TO LACK OF INTEREST

Picture of BobHale
posted Hide Post
I'm sure I sent you one - did you get it... and if so does that make me the de facto winner?

"No man but a blockhead ever wrote except for money." Samuel Johnson.

Posts: 9421 | Location: EnglandReply With QuoteReport This Post