Wordcraft Home Page    Wordcraft Community Home Page    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Wordplay    Come on, get happy!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Come on, get happy! Login/Join

posted
I heard a friend of mine say she was "happier than a cold pig in warm mud"! What an image! What are you happier than?

Posts: 1412 | Location: Buffalo, NY, United StatesReply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Morgan:
"happier than a cold pig in warm mud"

Boy, is that cleaned up! I've never heard it put that way. I've always heard it as, "happier than a pig in shit".

Tinman

Posts: 2878 | Location: Shoreline, WA, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of arnie
posted Hide Post
Usually it's as happy as... rather than happier than... when I've heard the expression - tinman's version, that is. Is this an example of American competiveness? wink

Posts: 10940 | Location: LondonReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of C J Strolin
posted Hide Post
I've heard "happy as a house cat" which has a nice ring to it. Or "as happy as a child with a new toy."

Also, I once heard of a sexually inexperienced young man who had just wed as being "as happy as a child with three new toys" but that's another thread entirely.

Posts: 1517 | Location: Illinois, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
I've always heard, as happy as a clam, though I've never really thought about it. Are clams happy?

Posts: 24735 | Location: Chicago, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BobHale
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kalleh:
I've always heard, _as happy as a clam_, though I've never really thought about it. Are clams happy?

The Word Detective discusses "Happy as a clam" here.

You will need to scroll down quite a way.

Quid quid latine dictum sit, altum viditur

Read all about my travels around the world here.

Posts: 9421 | Location: EnglandReply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Happier than two peas in a pod.

Feeling fine as frog hair, split five times!

Picture of C J Strolin
posted Hide Post
Actually, Angel, I don't think the two peas in a pod are as happy as they are close.

I would refer you to the Laurel & Hardy classic "Sons of the Desert" for further explination. (Stan: "We're as cozy as two peas in a pot!")

I'm smiling just thinking about Ollie's reaction...

Posts: 1517 | Location: Illinois, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post