Wordcraft Home Page    Wordcraft Community Home Page    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Wordplay    Limerick Game Idea
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Limerick Game Idea Login/Join

Picture of Kalleh
posted
So - what if we chose some winning limericks from the year and then offered them for votes? Does that strike anyone's fancy?

Posts: 24735 | Location: Chicago, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Might prove interesting. We could also nominate some of our own for the worst limericks of the year. I might actually not only get votes, but win that one!!!

Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
Oh, I love the worst limerick of the year idea, as long as it wouldn't insult anyone. We could all pick one of our limericks from this year that we just hated. They'd probably still be in our sent PMs.

What do the rest of you think?

Posts: 24735 | Location: Chicago, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BobHale
posted Hide Post
If you can think of a way to make it work, sure, why not. I can't look at my old ones though as I routinely clear out my PMs and I did it just a few days ago.
Also, sattva, if someone clears a PM that they started it gets cleared everywhere. If you clear a PM that someone else started it's only cleared for you.

"No man but a blockhead ever wrote except for money." Samuel Johnson.

Posts: 9421 | Location: EnglandReply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, I realized that already.

It doesn't matter if you cleared out your inbox or not. This section has all the limericks you submitted. All you have to do is scan through each of the threads with limerick polls to find yours. Mind you, you can't nominate someone else's, the person has to nominate their own.

I do like the idea, too, of the best ones of the year. For that though, I would recommend choosing from each limerick game the winning one, UNLESS it was a tie before the person starting the thread had to choose the winning one. It looks like the current game might end in a tie and so, it falls on one person (Shu you're up!) to decide which of the two is the best. If we had a run-off when that happens, it might well go to the one not chosen by the limerick poster, which is why I think the non-winning tie limerick should also be included.

Picture of BobHale
posted Hide Post
But how could I choose?
All of mine are brilliant.

Big Grin

"No man but a blockhead ever wrote except for money." Samuel Johnson.

Posts: 9421 | Location: EnglandReply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am sure I can't argue with perfection Wink

By the way, I am really curious to see who I voted for in this last game. I can almost here you reading it, Bob; but, perhaps, that is because I have heard your voice on videos.