Wordcraft Home Page    Wordcraft Community Home Page    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Wordplay    Bayonne Poll
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bayonne Poll Login/Join

Picture of bethree5
posted
1. We're going, though people may groan,
And bemoan cuz it's known that Bayonne
Is hard to traverse;
But what's even worse -
The stench from New Jersey is blown!

2. Met a bey by the bay in Bayonne.
Seems this bey had been banned from his throne.
All his subjects knew well
The bey's bothersome smell,
From the cow dung he claimed was cologne.

3.There once was a tarty old crone
Who liked to cruise piers in Bayonne
What interested gents:
It cost only cents
And the sex could be dialed in by phone

Question:
Please vote for your favorite

Choices:
One
Two
Three

Posts: 2605 | Location: As they say at 101.5FM: Not New York... Not Philadelphia... PROUD TO BE NEW JERSEY!Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
Only three? Too bad!

Posts: 24735 | Location: Chicago, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Greg S
posted Hide Post
Sorry B35, I really did try but I just couldn't make anything work for me. Don't know why as there are lots of rhymes and I had quite a few good ideas, but nothing in the end that I was prepared to put my name to. I have voted though.

Regards Greg

Posts: 991 | Location: Melbourne AustraliaReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bethree5
posted Hide Post
No problem Greg (she cranked out on one bar of Verizon signal to the deep woods of rural NYS). I am chalking my own feeble effort up to the incessant unworldly hubbub of NJ's 17-yr cicadas. Glad to have escaped for a few days. It's wonderfully quiet up here.

Posts: 2605 | Location: As they say at 101.5FM: Not New York... Not Philadelphia... PROUD TO BE NEW JERSEY!Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Proofreader>
posted
When Jeb Raltar was last in Bayonne,
He spent many cold nights all alone.
All the women he found\
Were quite willing to pound
But he got himself off on his own.

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bethree5
posted Hide Post
What say you, folks? Have just returned from my trip. It looks like 6 votes may be all we're going to get.

<Proofreader>
posted
At least ti didn't end in a tie.

Picture of bethree5
posted Hide Post
#1 and the winner is by Kalleh. Good rhyme & meter, it's actually about Bayonne, & a nice double rhyme in l.2 brings it home. The remaining 3 votes were divided between Proof's bay bey and bethree's tarty crone. Take it away, Kalleh!

Picture of Greg S
posted Hide Post
Worthy Winner. Well done Kalleh. I voted for yours, but I might have been tempted to vote for Proof's Jeb Raltar limerick had it been in the contest.

Regards Greg

<Proofreader>
posted
I thought there was an unwritten agreement that Kalleh was never to win, allowing her to endlessly kvetch about voting irregularities. Who upset the apple cart?

Picture of Greg S
posted Hide Post
quote:
Who upset the apple cart?

You Did - by not getting your limerick in the contest!

Regards Greg

Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
quote:
I thought there was an unwritten agreement that Kalleh was never to win, allowing her to endlessly kvetch about voting irregularities.
Well, there were only three limericks this time, so it's hardly a legitimate contest. Wink

But I'll do the next one anyway!

Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
Sorry, I guess Greg wanted a formal notification in this thread that Glasgow is the next word. Here it is! Please send me a PM with your limericks.