Wordcraft Home Page    Wordcraft Community Home Page    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Wordplay    Perfect names redux
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Perfect names redux Login/Join

<Asa Lovejoy>
posted
Dr. John Studd - Consultant Gynaecologist

I just found Dr. Studd on a Teoma search. Haven't tried Teoma? When Google doesn't garner a gaggle of good hits, turn to Teoma, especially if you speak Gaelic and know what it means. Big Grin

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
I believe I already posted this on the old thread, but it is relevant here: A friend had a gynecologist named Mabel C. Hiscock

Posts: 24735 | Location: Chicago, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Met an old gentleman in a nursing home. He was a retired priest. His name? Father Priester!

Posts: 1412 | Location: Buffalo, NY, United StatesReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
Not sure how apt this name is, but it sure is funny. We have a friend whose name is King Poor.

That name reminds me (though it has absolutely nothing to do with this thread) of my son visiting a friend when he was about 5. His friend lived in a very large home with a turret. When I picked up David, who was at the time enthralled with castles, he said, "Mom, I think Drew's dad must be a King because he lives in a castle!"

Posts: 24735 | Location: Chicago, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In the obituaries in this evening's paper:

John Barber

I'll let you all guess his chosen profession!

Posts: 1412 | Location: Buffalo, NY, United StatesReply With QuoteReport This Post
<Asa Lovejoy>
posted
ohn Barber

I'll let you all guess his chosen profession!
Ummm - he shaved prostitutes' customers?

Asa, listening to Samuel Barber.

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TrossL
posted Hide Post
Here in Atlanta there are two morning disc jockies named Steve and Vicki that are very popular. A man moved here recently and every time he would give his name to someone, they would giggle or snicker and it was starting to really bother him. His name:

Steven Vicky

Posts: 784 | Location: Atlanta, GAReply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not to upset any lawyers who may be roaming...

One of my employees was talking about her attorney and how fitting his name was: Gary Shaft.

posted Hide Post
I knew a family with two sisters named Lavinia and Diana. Usually they were called Liv and Di, but were often referred to as "the two extremes". Incidentally, Di once refused a proposal of marriage from a man with the surname "Rhea".

Posts: 249 | Location: CanadaReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of C J Strolin
posted Hide Post
One of my least favorite comedians of all times is famous for being abusive to audiences - Andy Dick!

Posts: 1517 | Location: Illinois, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post