Wordcraft Home Page    Wordcraft Community Home Page    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Wordplay    Can I ask a question?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Can I ask a question? Login/Join

Picture of shufitz
posted
Is it always possible to answer a question with a question? Can we do this without stumbling into a statement? Will we die laughing?

Posts: 2666 | Location: Chicago, IL USAReply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Is it always possible to answer a question with a question? Can we do this without stumbling into a statement? Will we die laughing?

Do you think we can do this? Do I think it will be fun? Is that your bicycle by the door? big grin

Posts: 1412 | Location: Buffalo, NY, United StatesReply With QuoteReport This Post
<Asa Lovejoy>
posted
Is this a Socratic reasoning test?
Morgan, why do you have Shufitz' bicycle? Something funny going on? Are you the spokesperson for something, or the hub of neighbourhood attention? And just what are you pedaling?

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Is it my fault that shufitz left his bike here? Asa, when did you start spelling neighbourhood with the letter "u" in it? Arnie, why are you laughing at me?

Posts: 1412 | Location: Buffalo, NY, United StatesReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hic et ubique
posted Hide Post
Does it have to be multiple questions? Or will one, or two, do?

<Asa Lovejoy>
posted
Asa, when did you start spelling neighbourhood with the letter "u" in it?

Can't I make this place sound a bit more classy? Now, did Shufitz leave an ordinary or a safety behind? (Not familiar with archaic bicycle terms?)

Picture of arnie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Asa, when did you start spelling neighbourhood with the letter "u" in it?

Why not give the neighbourhood some class? Isn't it they way the entire English-speaking world spells it, with one exception? big grin

Isn't the real problem not that Shufitz left his bike here, but where he left it parked?

Posts: 10940 | Location: LondonReply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Don't you think two or three questions sounds good? Do you realize how big that velocipede is? Where's the cat now? confused

Picture of arnie
posted Hide Post
Doesn't a velocipede sound like a fast many-legged creepy-crawly? Is shufitz' bicycle really a velocipede? Does it matter? What does it all mean? Why are we here? What's the sound of one hand clapping? If a tree falls in a forest when there's nobody to hear, does...

Grmph... Ugh... Thud.

Picture of shufitz
posted Hide Post
When Morgan comments on the size of my velocipede, is she speaking metaphoically?

Picture of shufitz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Now, did Shufitz leave an ordinary or a safety behind?

Is that last word an adverb, or a noun? eek

Picture of Hic et ubique
posted Hide Post
>> "Can I ask a question?"
Shouldn't that be, "May I ask a question?" wink

Picture of arnie
posted Hide Post
quote:
>>"Can I ask a question?"
Shouldn't that be, "May I ask a question?"

Or perhaps, "Should I ask a question?"

posted Hide Post
Don't you think we should all ask questions? Is metaphoically anything like metaphorically? Is that the cat in your garden wildflowerchild?

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Morgan:
Don't you think we should all ask questions? Is _metaphoically_ anything like metapho_r_ically? Is that the cat in your garden wildflowerchild?

If we all asked questions how would we ever get any answers? What's the point of all this, anyway?

Posts: 11 | Location: Oakland, California, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post
<Asa Lovejoy>
posted
What's the point of all this, anyway?

Isn't it to get you to ask just that question?

posted Hide Post
Are you guys laughing as hard as I am?

Posts: 266 | Location: GreeceReply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Am I going to die now?

posted Hide Post
Is it all Chinese to you Muse? confused Do you see the whistle pig in my yard? Or is that a woodchuck? And exactly how does a woodchuck chuck wood? big grin

<Asa Lovejoy>
posted
And exactly how does a woodchuck chuck wood?

Morgan, would you give a woodchuck wood? eek

posted Hide Post
Asa, do you know a woodchuck? Do you really love joy?
big grin

posted Hide Post
did you know that this is a drinking game? if one of you answers a question put to them, don't they have to answer with a question or question another person? who must answer with a question? or else chug a beer? are you saying that my garden is overrun w ith pussy? can you be sure? is that bad? is that such a bad thing? is that so wrong? razz

Posts: 166 | Location: pointssouth, u.s.Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Are there pussy willows in your garden? Would this make it overrun with pussies? Or do you have woodchucks in your garden too?

<Asa Lovejoy>
posted
Isn't a woodchuck the part of a lathe that holds the wood? Can't you mount pussywillow on a woodchuck?

Picture of Hic et ubique
posted Hide Post
If this is a drinking game, who's buying the beer?

posted Hide Post
Doesn't the new guy (or gal) usually have to buy the beer? Is that domestic or imported? Can I sing "I Got Friends In Low Places" while I serve that to you?

posted Hide Post
Did I welcome you yet, Melody?

If I am giving a woodchuck wood, and wildflowerchild has pussy willows in her garden, can the woodchuck be left alone in her garden? eek

Picture of shufitz
posted Hide Post
>> "Doesn't the new guy (or gal) usually have to buy the beer?"
Hic?

>> "Can I sing "I Got Friends In Low Places" while I serve that to you?"
You have low[en]-brow friends?

<Asa Lovejoy>
posted
"Can I sing "I Got Friends In Low Places" while I serve that to you?"

I don't know if you can, but you may! big grin

I figure that if you know that song, having friends in low places is a res ipsa loquitur.

posted Hide Post
Asa? Care to buy the beer? big grin

posted Hide Post
Did you know that I prefer you to buy me some Belgian beer, Asa?

Picture of arnie
posted Hide Post
I don't mind Belgian beer, but wouldn't a pint of Bass go down well at the moment?

posted Hide Post
Is Guinness (sp?) as good as I hear? Do the bubbles really sink in the glass? cool

posted Hide Post
don't you think guinness is really a corned beef sandwich someone put in a blender?

posted Hide Post
Anybody for a hot fudge sundae? Shufitz, would you please come here and move that bike? What baseball game you all wanna get together for?

posted Hide Post
quote:
Shufitz, would you please come here? Anybody for a hot fudge sundae?

Are you giving him a come-hither look? Do they have sundaes in Savannah?

posted Hide Post
Does Savannah have a baseball team? If we went to Savannah, would we even go to a game?

posted Hide Post
isn't savannah a state of mind? does a cat have an a**? wasn't that my dad's favorite answer? does a bear spritz in the woods? if savannah is itself a game, why would you want to play ball there? are you looking at me? are you? because, is there anyone else here? so, you must be looking at me? so now, are you grinning like a fox eating yellowjackets?

posted Hide Post
Isn't New York a state of mind? Can you sing for your supper?

posted Hide Post
Are we inviting arnie to Savannah? Will he bring strawberries? wink

Picture of shufitz
posted Hide Post
>> "Isn't New York a state of mind?"
Would California then be a state of mindless?

<Asa Lovejoy>
posted
Is Marcel Marceau's country a state of mime?

Picture of shufitz
posted Hide Post
wink But would Marcel Marceau belong on a board devoted to words?
[as opposed to devoided or devoiced? smile

Shall I post a poll for de vote?

posted Hide Post
Would you mime getting off my foot? Do we have another frenchman here now? Do you think we ladies can handle them?

Picture of Hic et ubique
posted Hide Post
Was it the best of mimes? Was it the worst of mimes?

Should we drop the subject? Or ought we to continue it, remembering that as arnie told us, a mime is a terrible thing to waste?

posted Hide Post
Didn't Arnie tell us A waist is a terrible thing to mind? If we all had a mind like a mime, would anyone hear us? Would a catastrophe be more like an award for a nice furry butt, if english made more sense? eek

posted Hide Post
file:///Macintosh%20HD/Desktop%20Folder/squirrel

was this necessary?

posted Hide Post
how do i make my squirrel picture visible?

Picture of arnie
posted Hide Post
quote:
file:///Macintosh%20HD/Desktop%20Folder/squirrel

Does this mean that the picture's on your hard disk? In that case you can't post it on the board; only pictures that are already on the Internet can be shown, am I right?

Do you have a Web site? If you do you can upload it there then link to it, is that not so?

posted Hide Post
but my web page is private. you posted the leo frank hanging photo and it was just there on this message board. that's what i want to do. copy you.