Wordcraft Home Page    Wordcraft Community Home Page    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Wordplay    Limerick Game: Butte
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Limerick Game: Butte Login/Join

Picture of bethree5
posted
The new location is Butte, Montana.. Pronounced BYOOT. Not many precise rhymes, but plenty of close ones. Pls PM limericks to me.

Posts: 2605 | Location: As they say at 101.5FM: Not New York... Not Philadelphia... PROUD TO BE NEW JERSEY!Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
I pronounce it like beaut. Is that wrong?

Posts: 24735 | Location: Chicago, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The way I say it, it rhymes with mute!

posted Hide Post
I say those with the same sound. Does anyone modify one or the other?

Posts: 6267 | Location: Worcester, MA, USReply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I thought the "e" was silent.

Posts: 6168 | Location: Muncie, IndianaReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Greg S
posted Hide Post
The "e" is silent and in my Aussie lingo, Butte and beaut are perfect homonyms (like to, two and too), and mute is a perfect rhyme, so it sounds like we're all on the same page, except for you Geoff, or was there a subtle joke there I didn't get?

Regards Greg

Posts: 991 | Location: Melbourne AustraliaReply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You mean it's not pronounced the way it is in the UK? http://metro.co.uk/2015/03/10/...street-name-5096585/

Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
So glad we agree on the pronunciation because that's how my friend in Montana pronounces it, and I'd hate to think she pronounces her own city wrong. Wink

Now to come up with one...

Picture of bethree5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Geoff:
You mean it's not pronounced the way it is in the UK? http://metro.co.uk/2015/03/10/...street-name-5096585/
Big Grin Big Grin!!

Posts: 2605 | Location: As they say at 101.5FM: Not New York... Not Philadelphia... PROUD TO BE NEW JERSEY!Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bethree5
posted Hide Post
Nice going, all, so far. We have 9 limericks, & I count about 3 more regulars who are probably working on their entries. I'll give it the full week, will post poll Mon night or Tues by noon.

Picture of bethree5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kalleh:
I pronounce it like beaut. Is that wrong?

That's right, Kalleh.

posted Hide Post
As often happens in my life, one calamity led to another catastrophe which led to a disaster, but I did, finally, manage to submit one.

Picture of bethree5
posted Hide Post
Bulletin limerickers: threw my back out over the weekend, can't sit at computer for more than a min or two still. Will finish up this game as soon as I am able.

posted Hide Post
OUCH! I hope you feel better soon!

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bethree5:
Bulletin limerickers: threw my back out over the weekend, can't sit at computer for more than a min or two still. Will finish up this game as soon as I am able.
Hey, cut that out! That's MY kind of crazy stuff! Get better, please! The limericks can wait.

PS: Why is it that when we throw our back out we see a doctor, but when we throw our front out we see a judge? Roll Eyes

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Geoff,

Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
I am sorry to hear that, Bethree. If you want any help in posting these, just let me know.

I've always thought the phrase to "throw one's back out" was a bit odd. Of course, as a literalist, my vision is taking one's back in his/her hands and giving it a toss. Ouch!

posted Hide Post
What about throwing one's voice? Or throwing up?

Picture of bethree5
posted Hide Post
Thanks for sympathy folks, doing much better. I now have 12, & will post poll before noon EDT today.