Wordcraft Home Page    Wordcraft Community Home Page    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Wordplay    Dummy Test Poll
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dummy Test Poll Login/Join

Picture of Greg S
posted
Let's see if this makes it more obvious which option belongs to which number. All I did was string a whole bunch of Hyphen/Minus characters after the Option No. And to make it easy to do after creating the first one, I used CTRL-C to copy it, and then CTRL-V to paste it into the next Option number, and then just changed the Option No.

Question:
Pick your favourite Number between 1 - 10

Choices:
1. -----------------------------------------------------
2. -----------------------------------------------------
3. -----------------------------------------------------
4. -----------------------------------------------------
5. -----------------------------------------------------
6. -----------------------------------------------------
7. -----------------------------------------------------
8. -----------------------------------------------------
9. -----------------------------------------------------
10. ----------------------------------------------------

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Greg S,

Regards Greg

Posts: 991 | Location: Melbourne AustraliaReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BobHale
posted Hide Post
If anything I think that makes it worse

"No man but a blockhead ever wrote except for money." Samuel Johnson.

Posts: 9421 | Location: EnglandReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
I just count the limericks in our polls. For example, mine is #4, so I count down in the poll results to #4, to see if anyone voted for it (which, unfortunately, no one has!). It's clean and simple.

Posts: 24735 | Location: Chicago, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post
<Proofreader>
posted
I don't understand the confusion. The lims are numbered so use the number. The results are numbered and the result is under the number.

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BobHale
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Proofreader:
I don't understand the confusion. The lims are numbered so use the number. The results are numbered and the result is under the number.

And there you have it.

The results are numbered and the result is ABOVE the number. Clearly you are more confused than you thought. Smile

<Proofreader>
posted
quote:
The results are numbered and the result is ABOVE the number. Clearly you are more confused than you thought.

OOOPPPSS! Just confused trying to recall the poll from memory. Shouldn't do that when the mind is weak.

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BobHale
posted Hide Post
Look. If it's really that confusing just make option one read

1. Remember: results are a shown above the number.

Personally I don't see the necessity but clearly others do.

Picture of BobHale
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sattva:

It isn't a question of how smart one is. It is the way people see and interpret what they see. This can be the result of all kinds of things, including learning disabilities, injuries, backgrounds, and illnesses. .

True but what I don't understand is that people who have been entering the limerick game for years continue to get it wrong. This isn't questioning people's smartness, it's questioning why people keep on making the same mistake in spite of the many previous discussions on the subject. If it were new people it would be understandable,

As I said, if it really is such a problem we can always just make option 1 read. "1 Remember the result is shown ABOVE the number".

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BobHale:
... we can always just make option 1 read. "1 Remember the result is shown ABOVE the number".

I wonder how many votes option 1 would get.

Posts: 2878 | Location: Shoreline, WA, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BobHale
posted Hide Post
OK Make ALL options read

<n> Remember the result is shown ABOVE the number".

Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
No, Sattva (apparently she deleted her post?), it isn't a matter of how smart one is; I hate the way the limericks are shown as well, and that's why I count down to identify them. And - heck, I have a PhD. Wink (I know; that means nothing!)

Let's continue this way:

1) Those who hate the polls can just list the limericks in a thread. People can select their favorites and make comments, as needed.

2) Those who like the polls (I love polls; I just count down to identify the limericks), develop polls when they are in charge of the limericks.

Does that work for all? if so, let's get on to the next game, folks! Smile I'd hate to lose people from WC because of the limerick game platform. Life is too short.

Posts: 24735 | Location: Chicago, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post