Wordcraft Home Page    Wordcraft Community Home Page    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Wordplay    From Africa to South America: Summer Limerick
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

From Africa to South America: Summer Limerick Login/Join

posted
Speaking of moving along - let's try BOLIVIA as our next destination. That sounds as though it has potential... I'd like to try two weeks for submissions, then two weeks for voting.

Posts: 6270 | Location: Worcester, MA, USReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
FWIW, mine is in. I am looking forward to seeing the other submissions. Come on, folks! Proof, help us out with this one.

Posts: 24735 | Location: Chicago, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bolivia? Wasn't that a brand of watch?

Posts: 6171 | Location: Muncie, IndianaReply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Times a-gettin' hard, boys, limericks gettin' scarce...

Only two in so far, plus my own which is only half-written.

Let's get on it, folks! Only one week left before the votin' begins...

Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
Come on folks - get thee to a limerickery (a nunnery for limerick writers? Perhaps I've created a new word...)

It wasn't that hard, and many of us will vote for fun, but not perfect for every speaking person in the world, rhymes. Wink

posted Hide Post
Too much on my wee mind lately. Will now ponder Bulova, or Elgin, or Westclox.

Hmmmm.... What if Lord Elgin had been robbed? Would the headline say, "Elgin loses marbles?"

Posts: 6171 | Location: Muncie, IndianaReply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have three at the moment. Only three. (The reverie will do, if rhymes are few...No, wait, that's Emily Dickinson.)

And I'll be away next week. Shall I post what I have on Friday and accept stragglers at the very end, or wait until the fifteenth and keep everyone in suspense until then?

Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
Please ponder, Geoff! I don't know if you've sent one, proof, but if not, please join us in writing these again. I know you've been taking a sabbatical, but now it's time for work again!

posted Hide Post
Tell you what. I'll post what I have, and then I'm away for a week... I invite eveyone to contemplate, make a preliminary choice, even submit another limerick during the week if the Muse strikes. (Or even if she doesn't.)

Invoking poetic license I declare that it's OK to reconsider and change your vote if it turns out next week that a more appealing verse has been sent in and posted.