Wordcraft Home Page    Wordcraft Community Home Page    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Wordplay    Limerick Game: Honolulu
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Limerick Game: Honolulu Login/Join

Picture of bethree5
posted
Been wanting to go to this place since I was a Mickey Mouse Club fan. I supposed it has changed since the days of Arthur Godfrey & his ukulele.

Please submit your limerickal entries to yours truly.

Posts: 2605 | Location: As they say at 101.5FM: Not New York... Not Philadelphia... PROUD TO BE NEW JERSEY!Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
It doesn't seem possible to me, but I'll try it.

Posts: 24735 | Location: Chicago, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bethree5
posted Hide Post
Have faith, folks! Honolulu definitely presents metric challenges, but think of all the easy scatological & simply silly rhymes with the last two syllables!

Still awaiting submission #1 after 5 days...

Posts: 2605 | Location: As they say at 101.5FM: Not New York... Not Philadelphia... PROUD TO BE NEW JERSEY!Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Proofreader>
posted
According to RhymeZone, there are only three rhymes for Honolulu and two are homophones, which severely restricts the possibilities for the limerick. I've had major difficulties attempting to place a Zulu in Honolulu.

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yep, you might have to use bethree's scatology, or silly rhymes that have "loo" tacked on to the end.

Posts: 244 | Location: ColoradoReply With QuoteReport This Post
<Proofreader>
posted
Unfortunately, "loo" isn't the rhyme. It's "looloo".
Edit: For some reason my computer l/c the beginning of that where I had capped "LOO". I'll try again. "LOOloo"

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Proofreader>,

posted Hide Post
Please correct me if I'm wrong, Proof, but you are rhyming the first "loo" and using the "loo" sound as the last syllable every time. The last syllable could be "lu", "loo", "Lou", or "lieu". The first syllable could be a number of words that rhyme with 'loo' but not 'loo' (boo, pooh, shoo, who, moo, coo, dew (maybe), who, foo, jew, new, queue, roue, sue, too, woo, you, zoo).

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Tom,

<Proofreader>
posted
The stress in the pron of the word is Hon-o-LOO-loo, so the rhyme must be "LOOloo", not just the ending "loo".

Picture of bethree5
posted Hide Post
Must I? You tell me. I've got a list of 14 possibilities...

Picture of bethree5
posted Hide Post
So far 3 entries from 2 people.

Picture of bethree5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Proofreader:
I've had major difficulties attempting to place a Zulu in Honolulu.

Hey, thanks, Proof! I hadn't thought of Zulu.

Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
Oh, my! I sent my entry to Proof. Oh, well, I'll send it to you, and, Proof, please don't vote for mine (you probably wouldn't have anyway).

Picture of bethree5
posted Hide Post
Folks my uptake will be a tad slow. Laptop hard-drive failed, working from ipad. (Finally figured out getting email on it again, that should help Wink. Right now we have 4 from 2 eager-beavers, & a 5th just in from a 3rd competitor. may we have some more, please?

Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
I assume you got mine?

Picture of bethree5
posted Hide Post
Yes indeed. My response no doubt lost in that cyber purgatory saved just for us fools who foul up their laptops. Thank goodness for the private messaging, I'm just working from there now.

May we have more lims please? Greg S come on in the water's fine.

Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
I'm assuming Greg's came in on time as well?

Picture of Greg S
posted Hide Post
About to submit one now - but I may have another, give me a day.

Regards Greg

Posts: 991 | Location: Melbourne AustraliaReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bethree5
posted Hide Post
Hi all. Hope you enjoyed a nice Thanksgiving (to whom that may apply).

We have 7 limericks from 5 contributors. Anybody hatching or contemplating another?
I'll plan to post the poll tomorrow unless anyone wishes me to hold up for some more deathless prose, er, verse...

posted Hide Post
Cool Let's see them.