Wordcraft Home Page    Wordcraft Community Home Page    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Wordplay    Bluffing game: Leeftail
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bluffing game: Leeftail Login/Join

Picture of Kalleh
posted
Hey...how about a bluffing game word? Hopefully I'll be able to get a few daffynitions. Please PM me your daffynition for Leeftail.

Thanks!

Posts: 24735 | Location: Chicago, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
How's about it, folks????

I have only 2 so far.

Picture of Caterwauller
posted Hide Post
oOPS! Didn't notice - 'nition on the way!

"Happiness is not something ready made. It comes from your own actions.
~Dalai Lama

Posts: 5149 | Location: Columbus, OhioReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
Well, I've got 4. How about some more?

<Asa Lovejoy>
posted
For some odd reason I didn't get my usual e-mail letting me know the game's on! A PM will arrive shortly!

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
Alright...here we go!

Here are the daffynitions (and one true definition) of leeftail. Which is the real definition? Even if you didn't provide a daffynition, please feel free to chime in. BTW, where is Hab????

1) A feature of glacial erosion where there is a smooth and gently sloping side of the rock mound, but the far side of this feature is steep and jagged.

2) A type of joint used in cabinetmaking comprising double posts which fit into double wells; invented by Cyrus Leef.

3) In great demand; having a quick sale.

4) Decorative edging on a cut-paper ornament.

5) An amphibious reptile resembling a crocodile, but much smaller and with a much shorter tail.

6) Term used to describe the pattern left in the water behind a swimmer in open water. Ocean swimmers leave a leeward or leeftail pattern as they swim.

7) The drop-down stern of a landing ship transport, or LST, as used in WWII.

<Asa Lovejoy>
posted
Three for me.

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
#3 please

Posts: 915 | Location: IowaReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Caterwauller
posted Hide Post
Oh heck - I bet 3 is it, but I'm going to pick 5 anyway - it's more interesting.

~Dalai Lama

Picture of arnie
posted Hide Post
Three for me, too, please.

Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Posts: 10940 | Location: LondonReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
Anybody else? Even if you didn't write a daffynition, you can still make a choice.

I will post the answers tomorrow.

Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
Here we go:

1) A feature of glacial erosion where there is a smooth and gently sloping side of the rock mound, but the far side of this feature is steep and jagged. Written by Kalleh; guessed by no one.

2) A type of joint used in cabinetmaking comprising double posts which fit into double wells; invented by Cyrus Leef. Written by Wordmatic; guessed by no one.

3) In great demand; having a quick sale. Phonistry and OED true definition; guessed by Arnie, Jo, & Asa

4) Decorative edging on a cut-paper ornament. Written by CW; guessed by no one.

5) An amphibious reptile resembling a crocodile, but much smaller and with a much shorter tail. Written by Arnie; guessed by CW.

6) Term used to describe the pattern left in the water behind a swimmer in open water. Ocean swimmers leave a leeward or leeftail pattern as they swim.Written by Jo; guessed by no one.

7) The drop-down stern of a landing ship transport, or LST, as used in WWII. Written by Asa; guessed by no one.

Well, this was a short game, and the word wasn't that good, I guess.

Picture of wordmatic
posted Hide Post
Darn! I missed the vote. I would have voted for 4.

Have never heard of a leeftail before and cannot imagine how it came to mean what it does.

Guess I'd better look it up.
WM

Posts: 1390 | Location: Near Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Caterwauller
posted Hide Post
The word was fine, Kalleh, and I think people need to get back into playing it, since we've had a break. I'd do the next one, but I'm going to be on vacation next week, and I'm not going to be around as much.

~Dalai Lama

posted Hide Post
Well, I have one that I've been dying to use. So... look to the new thread.

Posts: 915 | Location: IowaReply With QuoteReport This Post