Wordcraft Home Page    Wordcraft Community Home Page    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Wordplay    Limerick game: Boring
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Limerick game: Boring Login/Join

posted
Oregon has several odd place names: Drain, Riddle, Wankers Corner (Eek) and Zig Zag to name a few, but the best known is probably Boring.

Before real estate developers destroyed Oregon, I would join the Portland Wheelmen Touring Club and bicycle from Portland to Boring on Saturday mornings. As we approached, we were greeted by a sign for the Boring Gospel Hall. Seemed appropriate, in my opinion. We would stop at the Boring Dairy Queen, which oddly chose to place its bicycle parking adjacent to the disabled car parking spot. Disabled bicycle parking??? Then there were the fire trucks with "BFD" in their sides.

Let's see what lunacy we can create with Boring Limericks.

Posts: 6168 | Location: Muncie, IndianaReply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for taking over for me, Geoff! I really couldn't even begin to think of anything at the moment. Boring is an interesting place name or is that a boring place name? Wink Anyway, I am not sure if I will participate in this one. I have been thinking of taking a little time offline to recoup. I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed at the moment. However, if something comes to mind, I will enter. Thanks again!!!

posted Hide Post
I do hope you get to feeling better and write another great one this time!

Picture of Greg S
posted Hide Post
This will be a pleasant change, an absolute plethora of rhymes, and pretty much pronounced identically by us all.

Regards Greg

Posts: 991 | Location: Melbourne AustraliaReply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Some good ones are in already. Keep them coming!

Picture of bethree5
posted Hide Post
Great choice! I'll get one in today.

Posts: 2605 | Location: As they say at 101.5FM: Not New York... Not Philadelphia... PROUD TO BE NEW JERSEY!Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
Great word, Geoff. Mine will be in soon.

Posts: 24735 | Location: Chicago, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bethree5
posted Hide Post
Oops, what happened to mine: taxes!
I'll try to finish one tonight.

Posts: 2605 | Location: As they say at 101.5FM: Not New York... Not Philadelphia... PROUD TO BE NEW JERSEY!Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Don't have one yet, but please wait for me!
I'll get there.

Posts: 6267 | Location: Worcester, MA, USReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BobHale
posted Hide Post
sent mine

"No man but a blockhead ever wrote except for money." Samuel Johnson.

Posts: 9421 | Location: EnglandReply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As son as I see B35's we'll have all the likely entrants. Some dandies in there! The competition will be stiff.

posted Hide Post
Got Bob's, Haberdasher's and Bethree5's, but just realized Kalleh's is missing. Since Shufutz is posting again, how about one from him?

Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
Mine is finally in. Sorry about that, Geoff.

Posts: 24735 | Location: Chicago, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post