Wordcraft Home Page    Wordcraft Community Home Page    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Wordplay    The Dictionary Game
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Dictionary Game Login/Join

<Asa Lovejoy>
posted
Are you people familiar with this old parlor game? One person picks an obscure word from an English language dictionary, states the word to the other players, who write either the correct definition, if they know it, or a fanciful one if they don't, and give it to the one who presented the word. The presenter then reads the various definitions to all players, but without revealing who has the correct definition. (The presenter always presents the correct one if nobody else has.) The presenter then makes public all definitions, but without revealing who submitted which definition. The players then state which definition they believe to be correct. Points are given for picking the correct definition, as well as for fooling others with a fanciful one.

Since Kalleh has figured out how the private message function works (go to "my pop") we can now play this, if you're interested. Let me know if you are, and I'll get it started. Oh, in honor of the software's name, I suggest we call our game Poppycock.

cool Edit by wordcrafters: love it!
We hereby coin the term Popmeister to refer to the "person-in-charge-of-Poppycock" -- thus forestalling other coinages that could be a good deal more "blue". wink

[This message was edited by wordcrafter on Thu Aug 22nd, 2002 at 7:22.]

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Asa, will you be our official "Popmeister"? This sounds like a great game! Can't wait to play! big grin

Posts: 1412 | Location: Buffalo, NY, United StatesReply With QuoteReport This Post
<Asa Lovejoy>
posted
Asa, will you be our official "Popmeister"?

For the first round, if some others sign on. The winner of the round normally becomes the next "meister." But, golly, thus far it's just you and me! Ah, playing games, that is. I mean, WORD games... red face

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
ASA! SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! wink

Posts: 1412 | Location: Buffalo, NY, United StatesReply With QuoteReport This Post