Wordcraft Home Page    Wordcraft Community Home Page    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Wordplay    LImerick Game: Pawtucket
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

LImerick Game: Pawtucket Login/Join

<Proofreader>
posted
As I said, there is at least one notable rhyme for this city but I assume you are all to sophisticated to sink to that level. If you want to use the past tense, use the other town (where I reside) named Pawtuxet.

Send me your lims by PM and newcomers are welcome to join in.

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Greg S
posted Hide Post
I have attempted to deliver 2 limericks, although I am still not 100% certain I am doing this PM thing properly. I trust you will let me know Proof if you didn't get them.

By the way Proof, from my observation of this thread your original message including the correct pronunciation of Pawtucket seems to have disappeared.

Regards Greg

Posts: 991 | Location: Melbourne AustraliaReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Greg S
posted Hide Post
Ahh - I see it's still there in a different thread with the same Subject? You would think the Software would prevent you using the same Subject twice, since it is the primary (perhaps only) means of identifying a thread.

Regards Greg

Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
I am flying tomorrow and will write one on the plane, proof. I wrote one for Nantucket once that I liked, so I think I will steal a bit from that one.

Posts: 24735 | Location: Chicago, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hmmmm.... One of the two I submitted includes Nantucket also. Grate minds in the same sewer!

It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. -J. Krishnamurti

Posts: 6168 | Location: Muncie, IndianaReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
I sent mine in.

Picture of Richard English
posted Hide Post
I'll try to look at the job today.

Richard English

Posts: 8038 | Location: Partridge Green, West Sussex, UKReply With QuoteReport This Post
<Proofreader>
posted
I have a bunch from four people. That leaves at least two more idlers to be heard from.

<Proofreader>
posted
Last opportunity to submit. Entries will be posted Saturday.

Picture of Richard English
posted Hide Post
I trust you received my PM and limerick...

Richard English

Posts: 8038 | Location: Partridge Green, West Sussex, UKReply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Proofreader:
Last opportunity to submit. Entries will be posted Saturday.

It's Sunday in half the world, Proof!

It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. -J. Krishnamurti

Picture of Greg S
posted Hide Post
Too true - down under on the East Coast we've only got 4 hours of Sunday to go, and Stella in the Land of the Long White Cloud a little bit East of me has only got a couple of hours of Sunday to go.

Regards Greg

posted Hide Post
Proofreader may be sans power due to the snowstorm. If that's the case, set your house alight as a signal that all's well with you. Wink

<Proofreader>
posted
Sorry. A technical glitch called "Life" interrupted my plans. I'll try to get it out this afternoon.

Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
Yeah, life can really be a "technical glitch," can't it? I've been having that glitch since the first of the year because of being so busy at work. I'd rather be here!