Wordcraft Home Page    Wordcraft Community Home Page    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Wordplay    Tocumwal Poll
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tocumwal Poll Login/Join

Picture of Greg S
posted
Hi folks,

Sorry about the further delay. Flaky Internet connection compounded by the fact that the Company hosting my sudoku-help.com Website had a massive hacker attack which is probably going to cost them 4,800 clients whose sites have been down for over 3 weeks. I was lucky in that mine happened to be on a Server that didn't get destroyed, but I recently relocated my brother's Function Centre business onto this company and his got destroyed, so I have been busy moving him elsewhere and finally got him back online tonight, so I can finally concentrate on more enjoyable things.

I think this is probably the toughest game I have set and I really should have gone with my original thought of Rockback, but for what it's worth here they are:

Said the father of Wallace from Tocumwal,
"Girls like you to fondle and stroke 'em, Wal.
If you hug 'em and squeeze 'em,
You're certain to please 'em -
But try not to pinch 'em or poke 'em, Wal."

Here’s a tribute to ladies in Tocumwal
I would love to just kiss and then stroke 'em all
While my mind says I should,
I can’t keep up the wood
That is needed to rise up and poke 'em all.

Said the whore to her punter in Tocumwal,
"I charged you ten dollars just to stroke 'em all.
But now we are here,
Let's make it quite clear,
As a bloke you can stroke - but not poke 'em all."

I went to the market in Tocumwal,
And bought some great trinkets, but broke 'em all
Cuz the crowds were a mess,
And I gotta confess,
I wanted to catch 'em and choke 'em all!

Two lads from the highlands called Jock’n’Al
Went for a trip down to Tocumwal
They wore highland dress
But it failed to impress
The locals who started to mock ‘em all

There are plenty of wineries in Tocumwal
Making chardonnay, Cab Sav and hock’n’all
There’s Shiraz, Riesling, Merlot
There’s Port, Petit Verdot
There’s red and there’s white, why not stock’em’all?

Once again please accept my aplogoies for all the delays.

Question:
So cast your vote for your favourite, quickly so we can be done with this Game and get on with a better one.

Choices:

Regards Greg

Posts: 991 | Location: Melbourne AustraliaReply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I really had intended to submit one for this town,
but life kept interfering. I was planning to submit this when they were posted, so, too late.

Jerusalem's famed for its Wailing Wall,
New York's got a street, and they call it "Wall,"
Pink Floyd? Robert Frost?
They'll all soon be tossed,
When you see brick and mortar in Tocumwal.

It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. -J. Krishnamurti

Posts: 6171 | Location: Muncie, IndianaReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Greg S
posted Hide Post
More votes than players! Amazing it may be a 1st and I still haven't voted. Any complaints if I just vote for one or the 3 tied on 2 votes and therefore declare it the winner?

Regards Greg

Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
No complaints, Greg. This one was a challenge!

Posts: 24735 | Location: Chicago, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Greg S
posted Hide Post
OK - I have cast my vote thereby making Limerick No. 2 the winner. I would like to thank most of the 5 competitors for taking up the challenge of this most difficult game by trying to rhyme all 3 syllables. Contributions were from:

1 - Guy Barry - Great minds think alike with Guy, Proof and Richard all using essentially the same rhymes. Sorry Guy but the thing that stopped you getting my deciding vote was that in my dialect of English Wal is pronounced Wol not Wall, which is how the 1st syllable of Tocumwal is pronounced.

2 - Proofreader - a slight leaning towards yours over Kalleh's for the victory simply because it was a BLUE limerick.

3 - Richard English - I was very tempted to vote for yours Richard making a 4-way tie and then using a casting vote to declare yours the winner, especially with you getting bloke, stroke and poke all in the last line, but I ultimately decided that since Proof's was so similar that it wouldn't have really been fair to him.

4 - Kalleh - I liked the concept and nearly declared it the winner too, especially because your rhumes were both different to anybody else's and seemed more a natural part of the tale you were telling, but limericks were really meant to be either blue or hilarious despite being clean, so you just missed out.

5 - Bob Hale - Unfortunately Bob Toc in Tocumwal is pronounced Toke not Tock and I would have thought Al was as in Gal, and therefore doesn't rhyme with all.

6 - Bob Hale - Sorry I forgot to publish your link to the wineries. I actually loved this limerick, and if Toc had been pronounced Tock this one would have definitely got my vote.

So Proof over to you to give us a much easier game this time that hopefully won't be dragged out as long as I dragged this one out.

PS: Took me 6 edits of this reply to get rid of all my dumb typos. Make that 7 as I even had one in this bit too. 8 just found another one. And another for 9.

Regards Greg

<Proofreader>
posted
I'm glad I didn't have to decide this one and appreciate the decision on my behalf.

I'll be posting a new place very shortly.

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
quote:
I liked the concept and nearly declared it the winner too, especially because your rhumes were both different to anybody else's and seemed more a natural part of the tale you were telling, but limericks were really meant to be either blue or hilarious despite being clean, so you just missed out.
Ah, well, it was funny to me, but then I have that weird sense of humor. While I definitely would have chosen #2 over mine (and I voted for it) had I been choosing them, I did include something about the town; I referred to their "markets," which Greg's link had mentioned. Mine wasn't alone in that, though; #3 used the word "bloke" and #6 mentioned wineries. Did I miss a reference from someone's?

Posts: 24735 | Location: Chicago, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post