Wordcraft Home Page    Wordcraft Community Home Page    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Wordplay    Limerick game: Box
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Limerick game: Box Login/Join

posted
I was thinking of using my home city of Bath, but I think there are too many variations in pronunciation. However I like the idea of using a monosyllable, so I'll keep it local by going a few miles down the road to the Wiltshire village of Box. This is best known for the impressive 19th-century Box Tunnel, designed by Isambard Kingdom Brunel, which when originally opened was the longest railway tunnel in the world.

Usual rules apply. Submissions to me by PM. Let's see if we can find another winner this time!

Posts: 292 | Location: Bath, EnglandReply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Two limericks so far - and I can't believe there's any shortage of decent rhymes for this one. Box clever!

Picture of Richard English
posted Hide Post
I only get occasional computer access here in Canada - but I'll try to get something done.

Richard English

Posts: 8038 | Location: Partridge Green, West Sussex, UKReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kalleh
posted Hide Post
Mine's in from Malta so you ought to be able to get yours in from Canada! Razz

After many of us were complaining about the inability of this country to manage a conference with 2,000 people, I realized that with 400,000 people, it's only the size of Milwaukee!

Posts: 24735 | Location: Chicago, USAReply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Richard English
posted Hide Post
It's not the access, it's the availability of a shared computer. But I have submitted one anyway.

Richard English

Posts: 8038 | Location: Partridge Green, West Sussex, UKReply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've got eight entries now. Any more?

Picture of BobHale
posted Hide Post
I've sent you two now.

"No man but a blockhead ever wrote except for money." Samuel Johnson.

Posts: 9421 | Location: EnglandReply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The poll has been posted.